Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intrigued By My Mr2s History

bluepaseo

My MR2 which I get on Friday has me intrigued by its history and wondered if anyone could help?

Basically its in superb condition with low miles so not worried but would like an opinion....

It is registered in November 1996 and is a late Rev3 (about 900 from the last).

First owner was Toyota dealer who kept the car till December 1997 when the previous owner bought it.

Seems a long time for a dealer to keep a car 13 months and I cant see it being a Demo as the Rev 4 would have been out almost straight away, dont imagine that they had MR2 loan cars! So could it have been a sales staff car or something? Just like to know as Im nosey.

yeah could have been the boss wanting something nice to drive?? Perhaps he prefered the Rev3??

I guess if you are really interested you could be cheeky and ring the dealer. They should have kept a record of it????

Maybe it was for the use of the sales staff. My car belonged to the salesman who I bought it from. He had it as a "company car" before it was sold on, it found it's way back to the showroom as a part ex for a new car.

Cheers guys, thats what Im thinking, sounds better than being a demo and ragged around for a year!!!!

have you checked the chassis number against the dates it was made, does it all tie in?

No, the dates dont tie in at all! Its registered Nov 96 but according to the chassis info the rev3 finished way before P reg cars. However, I suppose there were lots of Rev 3s to sell after the Rev 4 came out. In fact, seen two P reg rev 3s this week!

My Yaris is an ex-dealership car. It had just under 10K miles on the clock, and is originally from another part of the country (Can't remember where off the top of my head though!).

It may be that your car was taken abroad for a year or two if the years don't match up.

My partners Yaris is older than it's first registration as it was first used abroad (Germany I think). Basically it was shipped over there and then worked it's way back to the UK where it was first registered a year after it was sold. It did raise some questions regarding the first MOT as we weren't sure if the MOT was 3 after the first registration or 3 years after it rolled off the line so to speak.