Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Performance

mhill

Hi,

I have had my MR2 (non turbo) for about a year and fitted a K&N induction kit and magnex exhaust.

Can anyone tell me what else I can do to make her quicker?

I thought about a superchip but you only get 7bhp.

Does anyone know if these work?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-MR2-YA...1QQcmdZViewItem

any help will be appreciated

also anyone with a MR2 in Reading

Im not sure what that is, as the advert spends more time in telling how satisfied customers are instead of what the product is and what it does? Id be weary of that to start with

to me it sounds along the same lines of an ecotec valve - could be wrong - but there is always a heated debate about these things - i personally dont see how it could work - what does it actually do to increase the BHP?

Edit* also just noticed that at the top of advert it says +20bhp then in the 'customer comments' the highest bhp increase thats been acheived is 8 or 9 BHP

How much is the superchip? compare that to £4.50 for this item and wonder if you really are going to get the same increase in BHP

I wouldnt waste your money hun even though its only £4.50

im sure some more peeps on here can give you some proper ideas to help raise the power

cheers

T x

that looks like another eBay special to me. id watch out for that. a mate of mine got a similar thing of eBay a while back and all he got was a resistor that goes on something? a complete waste of time and money? surely you could release more power through headwork and cams etc although could prove costly??

It tells your ecu it's getting cold air, which then pumps more fuel to the engine.

one word for it :censor:

Here's one from the U.S. Crap!!! It tells you what it doe's (not) :unsure:

Edited by Christine & Paul

To be honest if your craving for more power then just start saving......get a turbo, but don't pour anymore $ into the NA.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

biggest pile of rubbish ever!

if your intent on tuning an NA to high power, and it can be done

a set of wild cams, throttle bodies and a new ECU for a good map will be a start, skimmed polished and ported head, then think of rasing the compression with a new set of pistons also think of, a lighter flywheel

also think of, big brakes, suspesnion upgrades, wheel and tyre upgrades, these three mods can easily be the equivelent of 50bhp as youll have faster point to point times, being able to brake later and go round corners quicker

biggest pile of rubbish ever!

if your intent on tuning an NA to high power, and it can be done

a set of wild cams, throttle bodies and a new ECU for a good map will be a start, skimmed polished and ported head, then think of rasing the compression with a new set of pistons also think of, a lighter flywheel

also think of, big brakes, suspesnion upgrades, wheel and tyre upgrades, these three mods can easily be the equivelent of 50bhp as youll have faster point to point times, being able to brake later and go round corners quicker

for the sake of a chip, pistons, cams and throttle bodies ££££... he may aswell buy a turbo engine that can be tuned alot further... and it would still be cheaper, more reliable and more practical :thumbsup:

There really is little point in tuning an NA engine wise. But as Rob says, sort the braking and handling out, then you can have some real fun :D

Superchips are okay, had one on my 106 GTI and it made a fair difference to the overall smoothness of the car. You have to use high octane fuel though otherwise you can cause damage to the engine apparently. Don't think I'd bother getting one again, a turbo is the only way to go!

It CAN be done BUT you will spend a lot more than a turbo model of which will still be faster.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Get saving mate and get your self a tubbie! N/A engines cost way too much in comparison to a turbo for increases in BHP!!

Remember, youl'll be going up approx 50 bhp by just getting a turbo. :eek:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Get saving mate and get your self a tubbie! N/A engines cost way too much in comparison to a turbo for increases in BHP!!

Remember, youl'll be going up approx 50 bhp by just getting a turbo. :eek:

Cheers  :thumbsup:

Tubby = :D