Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Oil Does Your Car Use?

silverarrow

given that some toyota owners have been suffering with high oil consumption

i wonder if we could all post how much we need to top up and how many miles we have done :) :)

:thumbsup: so far my t4 has not needed a top up in 3 k since last service with 5w30 semi syn oil :thumbsup:

if we all post real true values then we will know what happens in the real world

ie not the 1 litre per 600 miles

thanks for your help and support

i am helping a toyota owner who has a toyota that drinks 1 litre every 500 miles and the main agent says all vvti engines use oil :ph34r:

umm umm ;) ;)

i wonder if we could all post how much we need to top up and how many miles we have done  :)  :)

:thumbsup: so far my t4 has not needed a top up in 3 k since last service with 5w30 semi syn oil  :thumbsup:

if we all post real true values then we will know what happens in the real world

i am helping a toyota owner who has a toyota that drinks 1 litre every 500 miles and the main agent says all vvti engines use oil  :ph34r:

umm umm ;)  ;)

my car has been monitored by toyota and am waiting for them to contact me to see if toyota will allow them to replace lower block.mine is a 2002 1.6 and has done 30k and uses about 2litres to 1kmiles

My Corolla with a 1.6 afe engine with 49,000 miles ( FSH) doesn't use any oil between services. I've had it 3 years and never added any oil to it.

i wonder if we could all post how much we need to top up and how many miles we have done  :)  :)

:thumbsup: so far my t4 has not needed a top up in 3 k since last service with 5w30 semi syn oil  :thumbsup:

i am helping a toyota owner who has a toyota that drinks 1 litre every 500 miles and the main agent says all vvti engines use oil  :ph34r:

umm umm ;)  ;)

Yeah this is true.If u have a look in your owners manual there is a section on oil consumption.Toyota now supply a 1ltr top up with a service for your vehical in-between services..

Sept 2004 1.6 TSpirit, supposedly made in Japan if the windscreen sticker is to be believed. 8,500 miles, with a mixture of cold start-stop town driving, urban, and distance motorway driving (up to 80/90 mph). Hasn't used a drop of oil. BUT, carefully run-in by me from new for the 1st 1,000 miles.

Both my Toyotas have never used oil in between services ever!

So why do new ones use oil?

I've got a 2004 (June) Corolla Collection Auto 1.6 vvt-i that I'm pleased to report has never required that I top up the oil.

Admittedly though the car is very low mileage, and it's average journey time is about 30 minutes. Given that this is my first ever brand new car, I was quite particular to make sure that it was eased in for the first 1500 miles or so. Even now though, it very rarely gets "pushed", only when trying for a quick entry onto a busy roundabout, or when a lorry decided to try and put me into the central reservation of the M25 the other week!

After reading all the threads about oil consumption on here I monitored it when we went to Cheshire a couple weeks ago (bout a 450 mile round trip) and there doesn't appear to be any change in the oil level at all (cold or warm).

With any luck that bottle of oil they gave me after the service will just stay unused, stuck to the side lining of the boot.

I have a 1991 liftback 1.3 and it uses about ten billion gallons of oil to the mile because it's got a leaky seal somewhere, but not enough that you'd notice; it doesn't drip onto the road even when left for months (as it was before I passed my driving test :))

There's a good reason why I haven't fixed it which I will not mention here because it will detract from the topic :)

Corolla 1.6, production JUNE 2002 - UK, 52 000 km, NO(minimal, normal, ...= 0,5l/15 000 km) CONSUMPTION

Until a few months back I had a 1.6 VVT-i, bought May 2001. It was an estate, and back then the estates came from Japan. Probably manufactured around Feb 2001. When I sold at 70,000 km it had never noticably used a drop. Carefully run in, of course!

+/- zero per 1,000 km

its the vvti engines upto 2002 in the corolla that have the oil problem

Avensis Wagon, pretty sure at that time the estates were Uk built.

If you've access to the VIN number still then if it starts with SB1 it's uk built