Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris

lexsis

I have a 01 yaris and want to fit a cd player but was advised that this could be quite expensive due to the small space available to fit it.....ANY ADVICE.... :help:

Yes, do it yourself.

Here's the link on how to change the cd player in a yaris

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8945

You will need the toyota adaptor to fit your aftermarket headunit available from Halfords for about £12.

You can either fit it into your coin tray and save money, or you can buy the fascia and surround which can cost about £30-£50 each, but definatly worth it in the end.

For the part numbers for these it will either be in one of the how to sections in the link above or search the yaris forum.

I have a 2000 P1 Yaris, and my CD player was installed on Tuesday morning for a grand fee of £35.

It's a pretty standard fitting space.

CDPlayer.jpg

Or.......as the previous post says.....do it yourself if you are confident enough to do so having read the advice on the link.

Let us know how you get on!

:P

My CD player...

This is the setup in my 2004 T2 Yaris.

Follow the link posted by armouredfist, and it'll take you to the "How to" guide for adding a CD player to your Yaris.

Have fun. ;)

im also tryin to install a new cd player in my yaris but i still have to get all the parts from Halfords and toyota. i think im alright with taking out the original fascia, assuming im brave enough to rip it out lol. But i was wondering if the wiring is hard to connect to the head unit? coz i dont know nothing about wiring...any special advice?

No, it's not hard at all, cause you just need the ISO adapter.

Can get it from Halfords, it's basically a connector from your HU, to the Toyota Wiring loom.

It comes in the form of 2 connector blocks, and a load of wiring in the middle.

It just plugs in - simple as that!

Yeah, it is double din but then you buy the Audioleads (?) adapter which turns it into a single din! :thumbsup:

my toyota standard cd player has just started not playing cdr's and the occasional original cd so I nned to change mine. :censor: If I change to a bog standard cd player from Halfords etc do I still need the fascia etc? and will it be easier to fit if everything is there from my original cd player? (sorry if this is a bit of a thick question I really no nothing about fitting stereo's)

:help:

Go here to find the info you need.

Make sure you get the info for your model Yaris. (Phase 1 or 2), and get the correct product codes. ;)

If you need extra help, gissa shout. ;)

If I change to a bog standard cd player from Halfords etc do I still need the fascia etc? and will it be easier to fit if everything is there from my original cd player?

Nah mate, you don't need to get the fascia as a few people, including myself, have fitted it in the hole under the original player.

Pretty easy to fit, just follow some of the 'How To' guides! :thumbsup:

Tried fitting my new alpine cda 9812rb and am having trouble, normally the power wire goes straight into the adapter but this one has a seperate power lead which it says it needs to be connected to the Battery or the fuse box.. Anyone had experience with this ?

Ryan and Gnome :thumbsup: cheers guys might give you a call if I get stuck along the way. ;)

Read through a couple of the how to.. guides and they are really helpful.

Good work.

Tried fitting my new alpine cda 9812rb and am having trouble, normally the power wire goes straight into the adapter but this one has a seperate power lead which it says it needs to be connected to the battery or the fuse box.. Anyone had experience with this ?

I have the Alpine cda 9813rb i think which should be almost the same as urs. i didnt have any prob fitting it i just used the iso adapter that i bought from Halfords and it works :)

hi, newbie here, got given my yaris so not too clued up on it as didn't read up on it first,

from what i've read i thought i needed the iso cable and i'm still 99% sure i do but according to halfrauds i don't

i say this as i bought a player off them and asked them to fit it but after wasting two hours of my time they decided it was too hard a job to fit it in the coin tray bit and they couldn't do it, useless bunch of.......i'm sure they're nice people really

anyway, i'm going to do it myself so do i deffo need this cable? and as i've never pulled a yaris dash off before is it fairly simple as i'd like a complete car at the end :D

thanks for your time

hi, newbie here, got given my yaris so not too clued up on it as didn't read up on it first,

from what i've read i thought i needed the iso cable and i'm still 99% sure i do but according to halfrauds i don't

i say this as i bought a player off them and asked them to fit it but after wasting two hours of my time they decided it was too hard a job to fit it in the coin tray bit and they couldn't do it, useless bunch of.......i'm sure they're nice people really

anyway, i'm going to do it myself so do i deffo need this cable? and as i've never pulled a yaris dash off before is it fairly simple as i'd like a complete car at the end :D

thanks for your time

It's easy to do :thumbsup: !

Removing the Middle of the Dash

Firstly, you'll need to remove the dash cover.  To do this, remove the aircon control knobs. Under the 1st and 3rd knobs, there is a screw. Remove both these screws - once removed, gently pry the main plastic face away from the dash from the bottom. The top hoooks in, have a play and dont be scared to pull it - it wont break - just be careful.

There's also a screw on the left hand side near the top and two at the back where the coin tray is

There is a guide somewhere ...... try using the search or im sure somebody will be along and point you to the right place!

You need an ISO adapter 100%! :thumbsup:

me again sorry :rolleyes:

Seen a few of you have the sony cdx head units, any good? But I've also seen some good deals on Pioneers and JVC's. I need the player to be able to play cdr's as I dj and mix my own cd's, this is one of the reasons why I'm changing my toyota standard player.

Also do you think I would get much for my player as it plays original bought cd's fine but not all cdr's?

The Sony CDX unit I've got works great. Plays CD-R/RW's fine.

Cost me about £70 when I got it.

Think that was from Low Cost car audio (internet).

Still got the standard 2 Speakers in mine though, so they distort the sound at higher volumes.

Standard CD player units seem to go for quite a bit on eBay - sometimes even around £100.

Have a look on there to see pricing.

Mine came with a tape player as standard, so I've kept hold of that, in case I swap cars, so then I can take my CD player with me. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links