Do Not Sell My Personal Information

H E L P

heidi

:crybaby: Please, Please help me !

I got my toyota lucida about 4 months ago, she was running like a charm until two weeks ago when it started leaking water and the temperature went sky high! i have taken it to many different garages and they all tell me different things. let me explain her symptoms, i have no trouble starting it in the morning, there is no water with the oil it doesnt make any strange noises or sound like a dump truck! only thing that it does is the temp goes up then the water gushes out now i have had a pressure test and everything was fine there!

Can anybody help me please i really love my car but its making me pull my hair out.

Thanks

bust hose or leaky rad, cant believe a pressure test resulted in nothing!

try and locate where the water is coming from, even if it does mean getting under the car!

bust hose or leaky rad, cant believe a pressure test resulted in nothing!

try and locate where the water is coming from, even if it does mean getting under the car!

Thats what a chap told me but he wont look at my car because its an import!

I got my husband to get under the car yesterday :D he says its looks like it was dripping from the directly under the drivers side but because of the body work he couldnt tell where it was comming from.

My radiator always seems to be cold even after a long journey!

;)

must be not getting to the rad then, possibly an airlock too due to a loss in fluid

Blocked rad maybe, diesel Lucida's are prone to head gaskets too

A garage should be able to perform a head gasket test with a special fluid

A garage should be able to perform a head gasket test with a special fluid

Thanks i will try to get it to a garage and ask them to do the test! :thumbsup:

Take the rad cap off (making sure it's cool).

Start the engine and rev slightly.

If the water is getting pushed out of the filler then it points to it being the head gasket I'm afraid :(

You won't always get oil in the water or vice versa if the gasket has blown across a water way.

If there is no sign of water flow at all (until the engine warms up and boils the water out),the next thing I would look at is the thermostat.

If you're confident enough to remove it.

Take it out, put it in a pan of water, bring to the boil (sounding like Gordon Ramsey here :rolleyes: ) then see if it opens, if it does the next move is your water pump. :yes:

Ha Ha me remove it! please i am a woman! no seriously i had a new thermostat put on last week it was fine for a week until yesterday then it started to over heat again with the water gushing out of it. would u know of any good toyota mechanics here in northern ireland that are'nt gonna ask for my life's blood just to fix it?

:D

Ha Ha me remove it! please i am a woman! no seriously i had a new thermostat put on last week it was fine for a week until yesterday then it started to over heat again with the water gushing out of it. would u know of any good toyota mechanics here in northern ireland that are'nt gonna ask for my life's blood just to fix it?

:D

I know plenty of women who could strip engines with their eyes closed, but as a mere male trying to offer assistance, I appologise for the suggestion.

BTW.

Even new items can break down.