Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rocker Cover

Markturbo

i need to change the rocker cover gasket on my rev 2 tubby

just wondering is this a hard job or what should i expect to pay in labour charges

also while its off im going to have it painted

is there anything else worth doing to the car while the rocker cover is off any performance mods <_<

I had the rocker gasket changed on mine a few months ago, MrT did it pretty cheap along with other work I had done, so I'm not sure exactly how much it cost.

Something to keep in mind though, I'm pretty sure the gasket comes in two pieces

hey mark, yeah the Gasket comes in 2 sections, easy enough to remove the Cam cover (Mr2's don't have rockers) and easy to paint to...although mine could be done again soon.

I think its eight bolts you need to remove, a long reach 10 socket gets to them all though. You can get the gasket from Toyota or Fensport, no idea which ones cheaper though. I don't know of any performance things you can do

cheers,

Michael.

i might just get some one to do it for me as i want it done properly

but i still need a few bits doing before my car is back on the road need all the brakes doing and i think the ball joints more money oh well :P

mike how much was the gasket?

stripping mine off soon, decreasing and painting it, a new gasjet while im there is a damn fine idea!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links