Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swapping Plates

Leeky

im selling the numberplate off my lotus and getting a £250 jobby from DVLA.

Anyone done this before and whats the procedure?

:thumbsup:

ud better hope that someone wants the plate, if they dont u wont sell it.

cant sell mine... if you find somewhere that gives money for them let me know

cheers

edit-

put the plate on retention and then assign the new plate to your car, done in the post office

Jay

A Family Friend has done that recently for her Husband, he's a Driving Instructor and she brought him a Personalised plate for his Focus. Altho they didnt sell the previous plate as it was only a standard 05 one. She had no hassle with it actually, if I see her I'll ask her what she did.

A Family Friend has done that recently for her Husband, he's a Driving Instructor and she brought him a Personalised plate for his Focus. Altho they didnt sell the previous plate as it was only a standard 05 one. She had no hassle with it actually, if I see her I'll ask her what she did.

thats the procedure without having a private plate on the car already

Oh yeah, sorry I misunderstood!

I'll get me coat :lol::lol:

I do know that the form needed from the post office is the V317 tho to retain a registration ;)

for the process of taking off the car and assigning a new plate they will need proof of insurance, tax disk and mot i think. also they may want to check chassis numbers and engine number too, they did on mine!

thanks for the info, lucky i've had some interest in my plate ;) Been offered £1000 already for it.

im selling the numberplate off my lotus and getting a £250 jobby from DVLA.

Anyone done this before and whats the procedure?

Are you buying your own personal plate or are you just going to put a normal 1 back on? If you dont want a personal plate to be put on that's pretty straightforward, if you want to put another private plate on its just another form to fill in I think.

I transferred a private plate off my dad's old car onto mine & then put a standard 1 onto his old car a month or 2 ago, I had to go to a DVLA office & fill in a couple of forms, there was a bit of a queue that I had to wait in but once I was seen to it took less than a minute, a few days later the new tax discs arrived with the changed plates on.

thanks for the info, lucky i've had some interest in my plate ;)  Been offered £1000 already for it.

who offered u the money for it? a company or private? is it a name or something? where did u advertise it?

soz for all the q's

i went to a private plate company and they offered me £1000 for it

i'll try to find the company for you :thumbsup:

i went to a private plate company and they offered me £1000 for it

i'll try to find the company for you  :thumbsup:

nice one, thanks

that site is a total rip off, leeky, why dont u put it on eBay?

im thinking of selling my plate, anyone fancy POISON???? large amounts of ££££££££££££ me thinks

anyone intrested?

baz

It says someone wants mine for £200 (it's not even private but hey!)

It says my motorbike one is worth £10,000 and that's just a standard one! Worth 4 times as much as the bike :lol:

well i have already called them and spoken to someone about it.

People register their interest in certain plates and how much they are willing to pay for it.

I told them i wanted at least £1500 but the guy interested was only willing to pay 1k.

other companies have offered me similar values :yes:

i dont think its crap...but i think i'll end up selling the plate on eBay :yes:

According to that site one of my nuber plates is worth £2k. the other worth £20k..... guess which is which :lol: