Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ae92 Gti Exhaust Question

ben77

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is a cat converter on my mota's exhaust?

It's a J reg Non-Tvis model.

It's been blowing for some time and I'm thinking of replacing it with the Mongoose sysem. Is it the Mongoose system with model number MO-TYS011 from motorsportworld correct? It's the non-cat version from downpipe onwards with the twin exit pipes.

Thx a lot.

:P

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is a cat converter on my mota's exhaust?

It's a J reg Non-Tvis model.

It's been blowing for some time and I'm thinking of replacing it with the Mongoose sysem. Is it the Mongoose system with model number MO-TYS011 from motorsportworld correct? It's the non-cat version from downpipe onwards with the twin exit pipes.

Thx a lot.

:P

Yep,No cat on the AE92.As for the part number,im not sure but it wouldnt be hard to find.

But the mongoose sounds nice.I got one on mine and i love it.Nice suttle pops through 2nd to 3rd.. all good,but what i aint found is a downpipe,SO ANYONE ELSE READING... Downpipes anyone know of??

i agree with european_bob on the mongoose ,def a good buy, looks the part and takes about 2 months to bed in then starts to pop nicely. only downpipe/manifold combo i have ever came across was from these guys, topgear.co.uk, costs £200. dunno how good or bad it might be. beware tho many other members here seem to have had negative experienvce with anything other than the OEM manifold....

I'm also looking getting a new exhaust system for my Gti, but i think i'll get mine from Powerflow. Been there in the past, and very impressed as its all custom made, and you can specify exactly what you want from the system. I'd rather have performance over noise. My mate has a mongoose set-up on his MR2 and its pretty sweet though.

I'm also looking getting a new exhaust system for my Gti, but i think i'll get mine from Powerflow.  Been there in the past, and very impressed as its all custom made, and you can specify exactly what you want from the system.  I'd rather have performance over noise.  My mate has a mongoose set-up on his MR2 and its pretty sweet though.

If u can afford custom made then thats the way forward,but i must add i paid excatly f**k all for my exhaust so i cant really complain with what ive got..

And also with a custom made u get a downpipe id expect.. :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

yep id reccomend the mongoose system as it fits, isnt too loud and gives a good power increase. you could then get somwhere like powerflow to make up a d/pipe as i dont rate the effciancy/quality of their systems. seen a couple that are pants.i know that may just be a local franchise but still you never know

yep id reccomend the mongoose system as it fits, isnt too loud and gives a good power increase. you could then get somwhere like powerflow to make up a d/pipe as i dont rate the effciancy/quality of their systems. seen a couple that are pants.i know that may just be a local franchise but still you never know

Yeah, i agree, i think the quality varies depending which dealer u go too. i can recommend the one in morecambe. not the closest to me, but the best.

Yeah, i agree, i think the quality varies depending which dealer u go too.  i can recommend the one in morecambe.  not the closest to me, but the best.

I think the powerflow dealer at St.Albans (Topgear) I think is quite good. I've heard about their quality since my days back in the Celica's Owners Club UK.