Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help And Advice Needed Quick...please

...steve...

Hi all,really need some good sound advise,just been to view a 1993 celica gt,tonight which im hoping to buy,as its my first celica i need help and advice on what to check for,also the guy says its a 182R,as im a newbie can some one explain that too,its got a full history,and had everything from a new gearbox,to full respray,and everything else in between...apparantley by the ammount of reciepts the guy showed me,it was his pride and joy and he threw lots of money at it etc...So as im a bit in the dark here guys,can someone please help me out? shall i buy it or not,ive told him ill sleep on it and ring him tomorro to tell him if i want it etc,but need all the info i can get my hands on beforehand,as ive always been a big fan of them,and now its time to buy my first...all going well....thanks in advance guys...cheers.. :thumbsup:

First things first...... Welcome to Toc and the Celica forum :group-cuddles:

Second thing ....... do you know if this car is English or a Jap Import?? :unsure: Do you know what generation it is?? LOL describe it :D

If it's been looked after then sounds nice. Just check prices on autotrader to see if it's about right price.

The only thing that would worry me would be the full re spray.

Sorry all,forgot to introduce my self and say ello,....lol....Im Steve from sunderland in the north east,and ta for the welcome...the car is the same shape as kitt,its dark grey metallic,and is standard appart from a decent sports exhaust,the car is in sunderland,and in an local garage that has carried out all the work for its previous owner,he only sold this one to make way for the same shape gt4,which apparantley he now regrets???The gt has a steering pump whine,or fan belt problem,knowing my luck it will be the more expensive of the two,but the guy has told me that it would be sorted if i bought it etc.When i drove it last night it felt,a little lumpy and spluttered a little,dont know if it had issues or was just cold,it also burned a bit oil,at one point i felt like i weas driving the batmobile....the smoke was grey and not blue so may have been condensation etc?? it was responsive enough and picked up soon as i stamped on the loud peddal........and the respray was done at owners request due to stone chips on the cars bonnet,so he got the lot redone,theres a bill their for £1800 for the spray job......cheers in advance for any further help...have fun.

Do you want me to come and look at this car with you? I live 30 mins away.

It might be worth having it checked at a garage or an AA inspection..itll save heartache in the future..but does sound like a nice motor!

alright steve,

I'm new to pal, but if i know anything its spraying cars, if this car has had £1800 on paint its had bumps as well, give her a good look over in boot under wheel for signs of filla or scratches under paint, also under bonnet from lights up the wings for front end damage.

hope i'm wrong pal.

Cat.

alright steve,

I'm new to pal, but if i know anything its spraying cars, if this car has had £1800 on paint its had bumps as well, give her a good look over in boot under wheel for signs of filla or scratches under paint, also under bonnet from lights up the wings for front end damage.

hope i'm wrong pal.

Cat.

Sound advice. Anything mechanical can be sorted pretty well ok. But bodywork needs to be done 100% proper or you`ll have 'issues' at a later stage. The stuttering could be down to it perhaps needing a service or a decent run. Just don`t be too eager. There`s plenty around. One will crop up again. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the sound help and advice guys,really appreciate it,Ive took the plunge and bought it,it needs a few little bits and bobs doing to it,but suppose thats all part of the fun ....getting your hands dirty now and then,Ive already got ideas about,wanting new alloys,seats,and engine tweeks etc,Just hope my bank manager is in a good mood....Thanks again guys..

Hey, if its the same shape as KITT, you've bought the best looking celica ever!! the Gen 5! :thumbsup: B)

Hey, if its the same shape as KITT, you've bought the best looking celica ever!! the Gen 5! :thumbsup:  B)

Yep I love the gen 5 too and it sounds as tho you got a well cared for motor I hope the body work will be ok If it's a Mr T dealer respray then I could see it costing something close to that figure.

Although you gotta admit the gen 6 is stunning!

The guy wanted around the 2k mark for it,but i haggeled and generally put him and his car down....lol,and ended up driving it away for £1300,which i thought was pretty good,the same night me and the wife sat with the reciepts for the car along with a calculator,and totted up all the money thats been spent on it since 2001,and including the respray,ive got reciepts for just over 4k,so its been well loved and looked after....its nothing flash to lookat,just bog standard,but ive got plans....( cue the evil laff)...ill put some pics up,as soon as i get some done..

Guess what??? its going up for sale!!! Its booked in on friday to get a power steering problem sorted out,but soon as thats done its up for sale.I only bought it 3 days ago....but ive got 3 kids and i cant get them in at all(looks like a scene from record breakers when there trying to get 20 blokes into a mini, lol)