Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally Got An Exhaust!

tim_mabin

Hi everyone,

finally got my HKS Hi Power exhaust last night. Took me and my mate 2 hours to fit (more like 2 hours to get the old exhaust off and 1 minute to fit the new one) using 1 axle stand. Can anyone tell me what that weird bit on the exhaust is for. Looks a bit like a air tank.

Pics comin soon

Whereabouts? On your HKS or in the middle of the car? If you mean your HKS that is the exhaust! It's the can! If you mean the middle bit, well the bit right near the front of the car is the catalytic converter and the 'air tank' in the middle is the middle silencer. Basically just an enlarged section of exhaust with some other gubbins inside to dampen the noise of the exhaust. If you want to know how effective that part is... find somebody with a straight-through pipe!

Well done on getting the zaust! Good choice... im sure Clarky will iterate that though!

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me what that weird bit on the exhaust is for. Looks a bit like a air tank.

Pics comin soon

Sounds like you have the silent hi-power, think the tank is just a resonator box to make it quieter

Yep thats the bit to keep the noise down for new Japanese regulations. :(

Kevin

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me what that weird bit on the exhaust is for. Looks a bit like a air tank.

Pics comin soon

Sounds like you have the silent hi-power, think the tank is just a resonator box to make it quieter

nice one, i just need to get the megan header and decat. Do envy do a decat and centre section that runs from the header to the back box? Also how much does it cost? Cheers guys and girls :thumbsup:

Ah... gutted. Thought it was there to make it louder :angry: . So if I get the ol angle grinder to it and then weld it up itl be louder. ;) . Only joking

good stuff, if u want it louder, get urself the sports cat and manifold, u pay for what u get, u will not be disapointed :drool: :D

We can do the De-cat or the Sportscat what ever you prefer. Obviously the Sportscat is MOT friendly and you don't have any potential problems with O2 sensors clogging up.

Thanks

Kevin

nice one, i just need to get the megan header and decat. Do envy do a decat and centre section that runs from the header to the back box? Also how much does it cost? Cheers guys and girls  :thumbsup:

Knightrider has an HKS backbox with the torpedo removed ... its a lot louder than mine (even before he had the decat done)

yes its a gaymo silencer! gayer than the gayest man in !Removed! town

hack it off and weld it up, bwarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

I suspect mines is loud enough for the rest of the neighbourhood!

Being serious Im happy with mine - nice dull rumble on the motorway but enough to turn heads when need be in built up areas...

But if the car were ever to stop being my day to day car ... well we know whats coming dont we...

But if the car were ever to stop being my day to day car ... well we know whats coming dont we...

Vrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ppppttttttttsssssssshhhhhhhhh! :D :D :D

Well done on the exhaust Tim, we want photo's! :thumbsup: