Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 6 St Oil Problem

sotal

If you have the oil problem on the ST What age is your car?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If you have the oil problem on the ST What age is your car?

Just a thought prompted from a post in the general forum, If there is anyone with an ST who deosn't have the oil problem can they post below to say what age theirs is and how long they've had it etc.

Cheers :thumbsup:

One person I spoke to today at a meeting has got a 1999 T Reg Celica which he said he has had for 6 years and never had the Oil Problem. He's at 143,000 miles

mines on a n plate(1996)and is a facelift model,have had the car about 2years and has always drank a bit of oil, i tried the high mileage oil to no avail so have stuck a decent fully synthetic 5-40 in it .it seems to have slowed the consumption down slightly but could be due to the oil being newish! it has a full service record and is at 92,000. its had a easy life and is still on the original exhaust and clutch!and front discs to.perhaps its had to easy a life hence problem?

Just to ask a stupid question, What would you consider 'normal' oil consumption????

I've had mine just over 6 months now, and I've put about 2.5 - 3 litres of oil into it over that time. Is that bad???

Just to ask a stupid question, What would you consider 'normal' oil consumption????

I've had mine just over 6 months now, and I've put about 2.5 - 3 litres of oil into it over that time. Is that bad???

It's not a stupid question, but of course a lot depends on what your mileage has been over those 6 months. I seem to get through 1 litre or so per thousand miles. Assuming you drive something like an average number of miles, you're getting off lightly compared to some of us!

HTH

tarby

Normal consumption would be nothing added between proper service scheduled oil changes. I've never had a car that's used oil before!

1 Litre will last me between 600 and 1000 miles. The biggest problem is that Toyota say: "it is normal for the engines to use up to 1 litre per 1000km" so according to them the engine is operating normally! That was printed in the handbook long before the problem became apparant!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links