Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Had My 2 On The Rollers.....

nathanfreke

i had my rev 3 on the dyno today and made 265 rwhp which i'm really happy with!! My mods include a 3" decat pipe, apex-i panel filter, mongoose exhaust, ngk 7 plugs and a shade under 1.1 bar boost. The guy who dyno'd it was very impressed and thinks that there may be a couple of other mods which i dont know about.

One thing that puzzles me and also puzzled him which got him thinking on other things bein modded is when i got the car it was stock apart from the apex-i panel filter and a defi boost gague. BUT it would boost to 1 bar in 3rd, 4th &5th and 0.9 in 1st & 2nd which is way higher than stock. I checked the acutator and its stock and the turbo had toyota stamped on it but thats all i know about that!! So its a bit of a mystery i guess!! Any one else have any suggestions??

Still a very decent result and way higher than i expected!!!

Nathan

Guest rev3turbo

It is a fraction high on boost for standard but u never get full boost in 1st and 2nd anyway, The tvsv(???i think) doesn't allow it.

There are rumours about that a lot of stock rev3 tubbies made more than the quoted 241bhp from the factory, i'll prolly get corrected on all that lol.

but a nice healthy result buddy bet you're well chuffed :thumbsup:

Nice one Nathan :thumbsup:

wish my car had that sort of power :D

i've not even got half the power you have :crybaby:

Mike

It is a fraction high on boost for standard but u never get full boost in 1st and 2nd anyway, The tvsv(???i think) doesn't allow it.

It's because the engine isn't under as much load. Do the same standing start up a hill and watch the boost. The engine is under more load in higher gears.

Good result all the same. :thumbsup:

Hey cant complain with that mate. Thats a good power gain you have got there mate. Have you got any more plans to mod some more ??

jerry !!

Mine made 270bhp at the fly stock.

nathanfreke's power is REAR WHEEL HORSE POWER, none of this Flywheel quoting I see a lot in the UK :P

I made 263 RWHP with almost as many mods (cat-back exhaust..so stii have the cat in there, intake, and same as you, 1.1 bar)

Another example of a nice healthy Gen III 3sgte :thumbsup: good stuff!!

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Thanks for the replies guys, i would like to mod it some more but dont really want to make the enigne unreliable!! Any one got any ideas on what i can do next????

My friend has offered me a charge cooler for £200.... is it worth it and will it enable me to run more boost??

Cheers guys,

Nathan

Mine made 270bhp at the fly stock.

nathanfreke's power is REAR WHEEL HORSE POWER, none of this Flywheel quoting I see a lot in the UK :P

I made 263 RWHP with almost as many mods (cat-back exhaust..so stii have the cat in there, intake, and same as you, 1.1 bar)

Another example of a nice healthy Gen III 3sgte :thumbsup: good stuff!!

Cheers

KiwiMR2

And ?

The quoted Toyota figure of 241bhp isnt at the REAR WHEELS is it?

Most 2 wheel drive transmissions are in the order of 96~97% efficient (if you want to look at 4WD you're talking more like 90%) so adding or subtracting 3~4% is a useful conversion between the two power measurements (At the wheel/at the crank)

For overall vehicle performance and built up evaluation you should really be talking about at the wheel but for specific mods that are affecting the engine only at the crank is a purer test and less prone to variations in the transmission efficiency

Correct...it's at the fly. All manufactures quote at the fly as it's the standard, most people quote at the wheels though as that is power on the tarmac. Iv'e noticed on the UK forums it seems quite popular to quote at the fly, makes the figure look higher ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Why would we quote an at the wheels figure then if to compare it to a standard car you'd be comparing to Toyota's at the fly figure?!?!?!?

R.

Correct...it's at the fly. All manufactures quote at the fly as it's the standard, most people quote at the wheels though as that is power on the tarmac. Iv'e noticed on the UK forums it seems quite popular to quote at the fly, makes the figure look higher ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I wasn't comparing it to the factory figure....rev3turbo was. I was comparing it to MY figure which is pretty much the same :) where as if we compare ours to yours it isn't really similar, were nearly making at the wheels what yours is at the fly.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Guest rev3turbo

I wasn't making any comparison at all, i mearly said that it was rumoured that a lot of stock tubbies made more that the 'quoted factory figures'

in all realityit is rwhp that counts cos that's the power the tarmac has to deal with!!!

all in all some good figures lads :thumbsup:

I wasn't making any comparison at all, i mearly said that it was rumoured that a lot of stock tubbies made more that the 'quoted factory figures'

in all realityit is rwhp that counts  cos that's the power the tarmac has to deal with!!!

all in all some good figures lads :thumbsup:

Agree'd :D I just get frustrated when people quote FWHP as it SOUNDS high when it's not really, well certianly not when others/comparrasions are RWHP figures.

No harm meant anyway......just one of my pet peeves :P

Cheers

KiwiMR2

• 2 weeks later...
Agree'd  :D  I just get frustrated when people quote FWHP as it SOUNDS high when it's not really, well certianly not when others/comparrasions are RWHP figures.

No harm meant anyway......just one of my pet peeves :P

Cheers

KiwiMR2

One of mine too Kiwi - you can't measure real flywheel HP without taking the engine out and sticking on a bench dyno, all other flywheel HP quotes are guesswork and 'calculations'.

Only true comparisons are wheel HP vs wheel HP.