Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Management Light

kilhamjim

Seem to remember quiet a few posts about the engine managenent light flashing on (Avensis 18 vvti) Well for some time mine did this ,and by reading other posts thoughts seemed to be around the Oxygen sensor being at fault.

The car drove well and passed an MOT test with no problems, When it did come on i just pulled out the ECU fuse for 10 seconds which puts the light out.

I thought about this for a while and figured if it was a faulty sensor the light would come back on straight away, so i did what i sometimes do (have a fiddle) disconected the push in connectors ,blew them with the airline and gave them a squirt with WD-40, and three weeks later i still have'nt had the light come back on.

BTW there seems to be three sensors on the system, i did the two near the exhaust manifold .Question, are all three Oxygen sensors ? Anyway thats just my thoughts on this problem . Jim.

Hi I had my management light come on and ended up doing the very same thing as you and pulled the fuse every time the light came on. Later found out that the air mass meter was screwed. Toyota garage gave me 2 free diagnostics to find this out. Changed this part ( £90) and it solved the problem. A word of warning tho when the air mass meter fails it causes the engine to run very lean this is not good for the engine as does serious famage to the pistons etc. The air mass meter is located on the top rear of the air filter housing. Hope this helps.