Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Constipation - Need A Laxative

Lashie

..reckon I've pinned the problem :D

My 1.6VVTi new Avensis is really slow off the mark..(give me back my Uno anytime)..

..there's a lag between pushing the peddle and the revs rising..a noticable half second or so

..is this something you folk notice with your Tank or is this something I should take up on warranty?

cheers

Dave

that push is what the VVTI is

Its normal and I find the lift in accelleration quite pleasing.

..reckon I've pinned the problem  :D

My 1.6VVTi new Avensis is really slow off the mark..(give me back my Uno anytime)..

..there's a lag between pushing the peddle and the revs rising..a noticable half second or so

..is this something you folk notice with your Tank or is this something I should take up on warranty?

cheers

Dave

I used to own a 1.6 VVT-i Corolla, presumably the same engine, and I never noticed any lag. However, when towing a trailer, it did take that little split second to start building steam. Well, you know where I'm going with this one -- Corolla around 1100 kg, Avensis near 1500 kg. It's a possibility.

If you aren't happy, trade it in when you get here -- dealers are selling one year old versions of your car for around 25,000 euros. Just a thought!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links