Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Celica Owner

pint_of_stella

Hi

I've just put a deposit down on a Celica GT - its a jap import (Are they still called Celica GT's?) Any info would be good. How fast are they?

I haven't checked the car out all that fully, but I'm buying it off someone I trust, plus its got a years warranty. It looks quite unique. Its got a TRD body kit and its been lowered. Wasn't previously anyone's off here was it?

Cheers - be confused though. It on an M plate and think it was registered in Dec 1994. Can't find any stats for it?

It seemed ok - maybe not quite as punchy as my last car.

Hi mate

Welcome to the club

Just find out if it's an ss1 or ss2 and then you find out the power

Mine is an import and i love the thing

just found out - its the 175bhp ish one. (BLMVF)

One of the major selling points was the gearbox lol - Sounds strange but my current car has a really nasty long gear shift.

you will need to run it on optimax ,bp ultimate or tescos 99 ron is even better - for maximum bhp as they were mapped on 100 ron fuel in japan

That was actually going to be one of my questions. I know alot of jap cars don't run too well on the normal stuff.

Can you run them alright on normal petrol though. Will it have adverse effects other than lack in performance?

it affects the timing apparantly - retarding it - also affects valves if used constantly - dunno if its proven though , i know my four isnt as quick on 95 ron

it affects the timing apparantly - retarding it - also affects valves if used constantly - dunno if its proven though , i know my four isnt as quick on 95 ron

hey dont make me feel guilty :D I cant afford the good stuff but when I marry a Rich man I will be running her on 100 ron ;)

its not a problem, i only do about 10 miles a week - sometimes less lol

Is it actually worth tuning these things? You can't usually do alot to NA engines.

Its got a performance exhuast already.

hey dont make me feel guilty :D I cant afford the good stuff but when I marry a Rich man I will be running her on 100 ron ;)

When I first got my import I didnt know about using a higher ron fuel until I came on here, started to use the 98ron that esso sell, cost me a bit more, but found that I could do about 10 more miles to the gallon, and it goes like a bullet!! B)

No-one round me does any higher ron yet, :ffs: but they will soon hopefully!

can't you add stuff to petrol to increase the ron?

I want the celica now! I don't want to wait.

Hopefully have her by the weekend

mines an ss2 as well and mine has normal petrol in it more than optimax. very rare i use that and haven't noticed a problem with it. Still quick enough.

And i'm the same just got a new exhaust on it and i'm planning to put an induction kit on it but thats it. not worth doing that much more

Very nice mate! TRD Kit, and new wheels as well...

Will look forward to some dramatic arty shots of her in some urban or country location! :D :thumbsup:

got her on sat afternoon. Done about 200miles this weekend lol

Everything is on the wrong side! So if you see a Celica going down the road with fog lights on during the day and windscreen wipers on when its not ranining, its probably me.

got her on sat afternoon.  Done about 200miles this weekend lol

Everything is on the wrong side!  So if you see a Celica going down the road with fog lights on during the day and windscreen wipers on when its not ranining, its probably me.

arf :lol:

Very nice car, good choice.

I can't work out if its faster than my last car or not. Power delivery seems different. Seems more responsive.

Nice car to drive. A tad low though :)

my mates trying to sell me a 300bhp gt4 engine for it (despite the obvious FWD/4WD problem it is do able)

think i'll give it a miss though - i want some wheels for her instead. do 18's go on ok?

Yes they do.... Provided you get the correct offset. You might want to sound around to others who have fitted 18`s to see what they`re like with them on. I would think any ride quality will go to hell in a handcart as you`ll have to fit 30 profile tyres to maintain speedo accuracy. :thumbsup:

hi mate,

real nice looker you got there. That yellow tax disk holder has GOT to go though!! :D

I have the ss2 also and I've found that it can be relatively sluggish if you're in the wrong gear. Instead of being in third to overtake or whatever, drop her to 2nd and if you're at 4000+ rpm she will really fly. It's the same for third gear aswell, although you've probably found that out by now over the weekend!!

Welcome to the club :thumbsup: