Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alton Towers

cfc1

While we were on our Scottish meet on Sunday, we thought it would be a good idea to have a TOC meet at Alton Towers.

Maybe around April/May when the prices will be cheaper and the queue's will be smaller... good idea or bad idea? what do you think? could this be arranged?

I like Alton Towers but I dont like the rides - a meet there is a great idea but I wont go on any rides, so its hardly worth the entrance fee for someone like me! :(

I've always wanted to go to Alton Towers and stay in the Arabian room... or the Cadbury's room - yum.

Great idea! :thumbsup:

I've always wanted to go to Alton Towers and stay in the Arabian room... or the Cadbury's room - yum.

Great idea! :thumbsup:

Does the arabian room come with a genuine harem???

If so, im there! :drool:

otherwise, nice idea, as others have said, queues may be a problem!

great idea!

if you go when it iopens march then the queues are fairly smaller :D

if you go for two days it would be great B)

that'd be cool but there are always masive que's :(

Thats why i think just after it opens would be better.. the queues won't be as big, also, organising it now would give people time to book hols from work etc.

I like Alton Towers but I dont like the rides - a meet there is a great idea but I wont go on any rides, so its hardly worth the entrance fee for someone like me!  :(

I'm quite sure there would be a few hunky lads willing to hold your hand on the rides Em.

I have no idea of prices or anything.. i don't know if there is any camping either.. but i know there are little campsites round the area, Oakamoor has The Star Caravan And Camping Park and is only 1 mile from Alton Towers... clicky. We could all meet up at around 10.00am at a pre-arranged place in alton towers or just outside it... then either go in seperate groups meeting up for lunch etc.. or go round as a full group, then when the park closes we could have a bar supper somewhere near by to end the day. If anyone is camping (i don't know if i would be yet.. only just thought of that :lol:) we could get that organised and have a 2nd day in the park before heading home.

I like Alton Towers but I dont like the rides - a meet there is a great idea but I wont go on any rides, so its hardly worth the entrance fee for someone like me!  :(

I'm quite sure there would be a few hunky lads willing to hold your hand on the rides Em.

I'll be there then Davy! :lol::lol: Nothing like the "damsel in distress" act! :thumbsup:

We went at the beginning of the season last year and the longest we had to wait was 45mins because we joined the que to go on the front row of air! :lol:

I know the owner of the star campsite so if people want me to find out the details for it i can

Please do.. looks like a descent little site (has something for our kids too) it will be about 10 - 15 quid a night

Just checked the Alton Towers website, they do group rates for groups of over 10 people.. 15 quid per adult (says this for August.. could be the same for early in the season too) and 12.50 per child. Must be booked in advance, so if we can get a date sorted out soon ( i would say end of march beginning of April) it would give us plenty of time to get organised for it.

Can something be organised through the clubs Paypal address once we find out how much it would cost, then get it all booked up.. both Alton Towers tickets, and the Star Campsite?

i could be interested in a possible over nighter, however i find the place extremely boring!

que for 3 hours to spend 3 minutes on a ride thats no where near as fast as my car, and im not in control.... yaaaaaaaayyy.... zzzz.....

although the water park looks quite good :P

yeah ill go just for the social side of things the rides will be a bonus,

and the not being in control is wot makes it so scary, i hate not being in control,

yeah ill go just for the social side of things the rides will be a bonus,

and the not being in control is wot makes it so scary, i hate not being in control,

Me too Lee!

Thats why I dont like rides, cause I cant control them! :unsure:

Haven't been to Alton Towers for absolutely ages but I'm definately up for that if the blues arent playing or anything like that

Forums

News

Membership