Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Exhaust

astrocortex

Hi guys,

The stupidly loud and annoying double exit exhaust is gonna get replaced on my Gen 6 ST and I've got a few questions:

In the image below the rusty bar on the right is attached directly onto the back box and via a shapped rubber piece to the chassis. Is this a standard fitting for mounting a new back box?

The problem is the bar has snapped away from the back box and air is blowing out the side, as I hate noise the damn thing makes anyway it's a convenitent excuse to get rid of it.

DSC00122.jpg

Secondly, how much should it cost to get a bog standard, boring and nice and quiet Toyota exhaust for it?

Finally, does anyone know if there was a optional exhaust that looked like this that toyota would fit?

DSC00120.jpg

If it is an after market jobbie (most likely) will it have been tuned to the correct back pressure of the engine and if not will it have an adverse effect on the engine

(e.g increased engine wear)?

Thanks very much in advance!

I would have thought it all depends if it's just a back box or complete system

The other option of course is to go to a custom exhaust place and see if they can sort a new, lower noise back box for you