Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr T Confused Me.

Flamby

Well I've been going around getting estimates to fix the dent on my car, anyway so I go to the local dealership near me to get an estimate done, I have to say not greated very politely and almost as if I'm a hassle just being there....

anyway persuade this guy to come out, right just want to say here the previous estimate ive got.

if anyone has seen the pics I put up in general you can see that the door will need reskinning and the whole side will need blending basically to get it back to how it should be... not a problem said the previous very reputable coachworks in town... anyway back to mr T

so he looks at my door and goes ah well its an import and the doors are completely different to uk doors, infact most panels are different, I looked kinda stunned as I had come to understand most things are the same ????

So I argued saying it would have the same door skin as a UK spec GTI one, he disagreed and told me Id be looking at a completely new door and not just a skin, oh and he also said he reckoned that mine was wider and lower than a normal uk one so that might affect parts for it ????

Im sorry but this can't be true? I've never read on any of the mr2 forums that there are major panel differences between the mr2 from different areas of the world...

oh and the nice guy after arguing with me was kind enough to point out my rear offside tyre is in need of changing and he would inform the police as it was illegal.... kinda wierd seeing as my police man uncle said they were fine, new wheels and tyres next week anyway but thats not the point....

Anyway just need to vent all that as Im mad with the guy :censor: and need this clearing up so that I know I was either in the wrong or the right.... please :)

Let me have your chassis and frame numbers and I will check it for you if you want, e-mail them to me at nigel@dingles.toyota.co.uk

Please believe me not all dealers are the same!

Regards

Nigel

Let me have your chassis and frame numbers and I will check it for you if you want, e-mail them to me at nigel@dingles.toyota.co.uk

Please believe me not all dealers are the same!

Regards

Nigel

ok thankyou mate, I just have emailed you :thumbsup:

I hope they are not all like that... I've had enough of being talked down to because I am young, I was so polite to him and I just wasn't getting anywhere.

Flamby mate, name and shame!

hehe ok.........

Henley on Thames Suziki and Toyota Garage.... apparently experts in toyotas for years... :rolleyes:

sorry u had that experience :( i can confirm that not all Mr T's are like that. Though some apparently wont even bother to touch Mr 2 imports as theyre a pain in the *****, RRG Toyota in Bolton will and their service has been excellent. Nice people, jobs done acc what they said theyll do and to boot, they even thrown me a freebie light kit fitting in, saved me a bit of money on their prices by just doing a job that they found whilst doing something else(by their prices saved approx £600 if done later date for a 30 quid timing belt) and nice people who seem to regard Mr2's highly. BUT BIG BUT they aint cheap.....

wish u the best getting your 2 how u want it mate :) sucks when theyaint in my experience :thumbsup:

sorry u had that experience  :(  i can confirm that not all Mr T's are like that. Though some apparently wont even bother to touch Mr 2 imports as theyre a pain in the *****, RRG Toyota in Bolton will and their service has been excellent. Nice people, jobs done acc what they said theyll do and to boot, they even thrown me a freebie light kit fitting in, saved me a bit of money on their prices by just doing a job that they found whilst doing something else(by their prices saved approx £600 if done later date for a 30 quid timing belt) and nice people who seem to regard Mr2's highly. BUT BIG BUT they aint cheap.....

wish u the best getting your 2 how u want it mate :) sucks when theyaint in my experience  :thumbsup:

cheers mate, yeah hopefully I will be able to deal with some competent people :) thing is I only went there for an estimate as I need two for the insurance and I wanted one more expensive that the one I already have if you get me ;)

also coopern has given me the part no's and prices on the bits I would need... oh and told me they are in stock ;) Good guy! :thumbsup:

In my experience it's best to check here as regards parts compatibility with the GTI16 if you're unsure, then get the part numbers from an EPC the likes of > Online EPC <. :yes: Telling Mr T that you've an import (or showing him it) results in pissantism. If you don't have the part numbers, they'll want a chassis number to be sure... then the game's up

They are so :censor: annoying! I mean what's the problem? Sell me the part and make some money or don't sell me it and don't make any money! Who cares where it goes once it's paid for? What great business sense they have!

I can't believe that crap about your tyre! That's def the worst I've ever heard from Mr T!

yeah I was very surprised by the way I was spoken too, I have written a letter :yes:

He just seemed adament that my rev 3 turbo was completely different to a uk spec mr2 and ALL panels were different, Ive now got part no's and prices so Im happy now but Im still bloudy annoyed about how I was treated.

• 1 month later...

hey flamby,was just looking though posts and came along this one...mate i totally agree with u.i popped into the place u mention.only tobe greated with a sneer as i mentioned my car was an import...i walked in there ready to have a chat with a friendly toyota/suzuki dealer about getting a full service done on my beloved car.eg ready to part with some seroius cash./and i also get the full rude treatment from him..the guys a t£%t basically..i later managed to find a highly recommended(from mr2 forums) local mechanic who will do all the work i need plus more for alot less.so basically he did me a favour!!(by helping to take my business elsewhere). :thumbsup:

It's identicle .. Don't bother with Octagon either, they are worse ..

Get a door from a scrappy and spray it ..

Coxon Toyota.

I know exactly the guy who served you, and his customer skills are totally lacking. He has tried fobbing me off with similar stories and when I contested and pointed out that jdm/uk part numbers are the same, he flatly refused and walked off...

If it was not for the faultess parts department upstairs I would never go there, but they are truely excellent, friendly, very helpfull, and very patient!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links