Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possibly Selling Rav

shutty

Looking at possibly selling the Rav4

Only had it about 6 months but as usual. I buy a car, do it all up and then sell it for what i paid for it, Leaving somebody with a very nice car that needs nothing

Rav4 Freesport in Metallic Silver with sunroof

T ref 1999 (Facelift headlamps)

3 door

58,000 miles

3rd owner

Partial service history in the past

Mot next May but can put 12mths on pending price

5 mths tax

Michelin synchro half worn frt tyres

Working for Toyota its had the following;

2 New rear tyres

Timing belt

Front brake discs & pads

Service inc all gear oils changed

Looking for £4500

The only thing i can say it needs is a new osr seat belt due to a slight cut in mine

Only selling as we are finding we need 5 seats more & more and have no real need for a 4wd other than the school run :unsure:

If i dont get near to the price ill keep it for the winter & think again next year

Thinking of having another Toyota Shutty?

I can't believe you are getting rid, you seem to be the only one on here with a similar Rav I can chat to!!

I really like mine, but the only gripes I have are the refinement and that the engine struggles with the weight = not good fuel consumption.

Still an easy car to live with though.

May get a 5dr Rav, From memory do the have a centre lap belt on the rear seat, i.e a 5 seater ?

Had a 5dr before and i shouldnt have sold it

Also my route to work is one of the worst roads in Yorkshire when it comes to Snow so may need to borrow the wifes Rav for that reason

May get a 5dr Rav, From memory do the have a centre lap belt on the rear seat, i.e a 5 seater ?

Also my route to work is one of the worst roads in Yorkshire when it comes to Snow so may need to borrow the wifes Rav for that reason

Shutty,

I have a 5dr RAV (52 Year) and yes it has a proper centre lap belt. Lives in a roof mounted housing when not in use :) :)

My daughter always sits there so she can see where were going.... :eek::eek:

Shutty,

I have a 5dr RAV (52 Year) and yes it has a proper centre lap belt. Lives in a roof mounted housing when not in use :) :)

Pedantic, but it's a proper 3-point diagonal belt rather than just a lap belt.

Very neat design :thumbsup:

Shutty,

Pedantic, but it's a proper 3-point diagonal belt rather than just a lap belt.

Very neat design :thumbsup:

Yep as mentioned above it is a three point belt. Good feature is you need a key or sharp object to release the first lug.... as it does not have the big red release button like the normal ones....

That sounds pretty good.

The mark 1 facelift 5 door models have just a lap belt in the centre rather than a three point.

That sounds pretty good.

The mark 1 facelift 5 door models have just a lap belt in the centre rather than a three point.

It would be the Mk1 i was looking at

Far more reliable than its newer brother ;) :P

• 2 weeks later...

That was quick, nice one!

May end up selling mine too soon, due to the fuel usage. I'm buying a house in the next couple of months, so money will be tight! May consider offering to do a swap with someone or sommat for easiness.

Gotta be another Toyota though!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get for it in the end Shutty? They hold their value well don't they!

That was quick, nice one!

May end up selling mine too soon, due to the fuel usage.  I'm buying a house in the next couple of months, so money will be tight!  May consider offering to do a swap with someone or sommat for easiness.

Gotta be another Toyota though!!  If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get for it in the end Shutty?  They hold their value well don't they!

Went in autotrader(website only) on sunday, ive had 3 phone calls & 1 email all wanting to look at it, first one came tonight and bought it from under a street light lighting.

Think its just the right time of year with winter close and tbh it made me think wheter to keep it untill after winter as it was all mot'd & taxed and would cost nothing over winter

Bought it 5 mths ago for £4250

Sold for £4000

But inbetween it had 2 tyres, frt discs & pads, Timing belt and service inc all gear oils & 6 mths tax which to me was about £450

And all together the wife managed 900 miles !

So not bad in todays market but it just wasnt getting used as much as it should

Did look a clean motor Rob, bit sad to see it go, maybe you can look out for another :thumbsup:

Rob did you tell the new owner about this web site............. :bookworm:

You never know they may pop up with new pictures.... :ph34r:

Left the stickers in ;)

Abso no idea what to get next. I have an option via work but not sure i want a Yaris <_<

Left the stickers in ;)

Abso no idea what to get next. I have an option via work but not sure i want a Yaris <_<

Dont go down the French route... :censor: I had a Migrane (Megane III) the one with the fat backside... although it served me good.... You should take a trip over to Parkers Forum for some real horror stories :ffs: :crybaby:

Glad I have seen light to change to something more reliable and hold onto it's value better than a match in a arsonists pocket.... :o