Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Guys I Need Ur Help Again

Fast-gold

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yaris-on-18's

• Fast-gold

• earpl

• admanirv

Why do you want to do that?

i wanna make it look better i think the standard dash looks sxit basically im gona put a couple of screens and dials in the dash ive allredy bought a new dash from a breacker in case i ***** it it up nt i would like to speak to anyone who has all redy done it to c there finished product and get any tip from them or to c whats involved

Why do you want to do that?

i wanna make it look better i think the standard dash looks sxit basically im gona put a couple of screens and dials in the dash ive allredy bought a new dash from a breacker in case i ***** it it up nt i would like to speak to anyone who has all redy done it to c there finished product and get any tip from them or to c whats involved

Was it not earpl who done it, he bought a load of plastecine first to mold it to how he wanted the layout and then you can simply shave off bits you dont want and check the Speakers fit etc before getting it done in fibre glass.

:thumbsup: go for it lad.

is it worth fibreglassing a whole new dash fastgold? I would work with the dash you already got out of the car to experiment as makes more sense! Doesnt the fibreglass go over the existing frame so you could build your screen mounts onto the old dash and then just sand the rest down and prime and paint it (like in pic above) Just a thought! Also you could mod sections as you would mod the section round speedos for dials and then the passenger side/centre console for screens. Then if you painted them stock looking (or atleast less cheap in your face mod looking, it should look ace!)

Also you could mod what you already got. Lots of people on here put dials in gaps in dash or in glove box etc. That looks pretty awesome if you get it looking stock!

Best of luck!

P.S. Get some pictures up of your yaris atm as lots of us haven't seen it since ross had it!

Edited by Woody27

it can look very very good....

if your a pro and have been working fiberglass and filler for years

if you havnt..

itll look gash

and even though its in the car, it can still crack, have a crash and itll shatter and carve your eyeballs up with shards of glass

best left to the show cars ;)

is it worth fibreglassing a whole new dash fastgold? I would work with the dash you already got out of the car to experiment as makes more sense! Doesnt the fibreglass go over the existing frame so you could build your screen mounts onto the old dash and then just sand the rest down and prime and paint it (like in pic above) Just a thought! Also you could mod sections as you would mod the section round speedos for dials and then the passenger side/centre console for screens. Then if you painted them stock looking (or atleast less cheap in your face mod looking, it should look ace!)

Also you could mod what you already got. Lots of people on here put dials in gaps in dash or in glove box etc. That looks pretty awesome if you get it looking stock!

Best of luck!

P.S. Get some pictures up of your yaris atm as lots of us haven't seen it since ross had it!

Good point, yeah working on the "spare" dash might be best to do first that way if you do make a mistake it wont mean so much work that way?

I really wish i hadnt sold this car now!!! :crybaby:

Ive heard of all the silly things you want to do to it & personally id rather id written the car off that to sell it on to someone who doesnt have a clue.

The car was a showpiece at the time it was for sale & since the back bumper incident ive heard the car has been abused in many places around Edinburgh.

Im sorry to have to say all this mate, but im sure theres alot of folk on here will agree with me IT SHOULD HAVE WENT TO A GOOD HOME.

I needed the cash at the time so i didnt really think about it.

SORRY SORRY SORRY just my opinion

I really wish i hadnt sold this car now!!!  :crybaby:

Ive heard of all the silly things you want to do to it & personally id rather id written the car off that to sell it on to someone who doesnt have a clue.

The car was a showpiece at the time it was for sale & since the back bumper incident ive heard the car has been abused in many places around Edinburgh.

Im sorry to have to say all this mate, but im sure theres alot of folk on here will agree with me IT SHOULD HAVE WENT TO A GOOD HOME.

Not sure what you've heard but assuming you're right & it hasn't gone to a good home, it wasn't your fault, you were trying to sell it for ages & some1 gave you loads of money for it, you would have been stupid not to have accepted. Give yourself a break, you did the right thing :thumbsup:

It's only a car at the end of the day

I know it was your pride and joy but if your gonna spend money ................

Spend it on some booze :lol: ;) :rolleyes::thumbsup: !

I agree, it deserved to go to a good home!

But I do think we should give the poor lad a break, he obviously has lots of ideas for the car and at the end of the day, it is his car now. :unsure:

Imo it would look nicer if not more racey if you got the exsiting dash covered in something - CF or black suede would be cool, i've just been put off fibreglass after i saw that Alpine ****roen C2 at the tuner gp at donnington, chav overload :P

ross no offence but i cant help it if i wanna make my mark on it i dont whant it to allways be your can ansd as regards to what youve been hearing well i duno what your talking about and yeah some dumb-***** dropped something onto the bypass and it bpunced up and cracked the back bumper sp why r u crying about me wanting to make it look better r you worried it will look better than when you had it

I agree, it deserved to go to a good home!

But I do think we should give the poor lad a break, he obviously has lots of ideas for the car and at the end of the day, it is his car now. :unsure:

cheers

Imo it would look nicer if not more racey if you got the exsiting dash covered in something - CF or black suede would be cool, i've just been put off fibreglass after i saw that Alpine ****roen C2 at the tuner gp at donnington, chav overload :P

ur rite black swede would look cool bud cheers

i saw an alcantare (or however the damn things spelt) in like a race-look black that looked quite smart...

I'll have a look for a pic

:edit:

After having a look around properly it would only work if you had it completely stripped down to the metal style... My kinda car really...

have you considered painting it to match the cars colour in the centre console?

ur rite black swede would look cool bud cheers

yep i was gonna do all off it black with the goldy yellow down the niddle consol

I was trying to remember who was "the first" on here to do that... And they did it very well...

Also trying to remember who was promising us something with some pods...

*shrug*

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links