Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev Counter Not Working Help!

surinterry

Just brought a Avensis 2.0TD 1998, I love it but the rev counter has gone and the idiot I am I did not noticing it when I brought it private.

I phoned my mechanic hoping for loose wire, but he says I will need a new dial unit. This gives us another problem that the mileage will be lost and the unit is £375 from Toyota.

Do any Toyota experts know if there is a way around it? I am gutted, I know a rev counter is not everthng but I like my cars to have everything working.

The thing that really dissapoints me is that even if we replace it, the real mileage will be gone from the display.

Your idea's please

Terry

Just brought a Avensis 2.0TD 1998, I love it but the rev counter has gone and the idiot I am I did not noticing it when I brought it private.

I phoned my mechanic hoping for loose wire, but he says I will need a new dial unit. This gives us another problem that the mileage will be lost and the unit is £375 from Toyota.

Do any Toyota experts know if there is a way around it? I am gutted, I know a rev counter is not everthng but I like my cars to have everything working.

The thing that really dissapoints me is that even if we replace it, the real mileage will be gone from the display.

Your idea's please

Terry

Try changing the dome fuse, I know it's meant to knock a few other things out if it goes but the rev counter was one of the things that stopped working when my fuse went, just swap it with another in the fuse box and see if it cures it before throwing the old one out though incase it's something else. I suppose it is more likely to be something else but my approach is always start with the simplest things because it usually ends up being something simple.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links