Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got A Parking Ticket

jay dh

i had an experience with my local council that may be helpful.

got a ticket for overstaying my welcome by ten minutes. When the fine came through told them that i hadnt had a ticket put on my vehicle and if they didnt have pictorial evidence that i could see (they say they have but councils lie!)

then without evidence -there was no crime!!!!

received a letter off them saying they agreed with the points i had made BUT they would not supply any evidence of the offence and that i now owed them £60 !!

so being the obstinate BAS>>>> that i am i used the appeal process.

funnily enough when the appeal panel got in touch with the council they decided to offer no EVIDENCE.

the moral of this tale is if there isnt evidence then there ISNT a crime . ASK FOR EVIDENCE

LOL  Em !!  :lol: thats the way to do it! :D

T x

thats how i did it, and i still got fined??

Well if my friend (cause it was her car) gets fined then we'll know we failed! :lol:

hi sorry to here of your problem.if its yellow lines there shoul be sign post with 150 metres of any direction showing time plate.if its in a residential area or red route you commit the offence straight away.

got a ticket for overstaying my welcome by ten minutes. When the fine came through told them that i hadnt had a ticket put on my vehicle and if they didnt have pictorial evidence that i could see (they say they have but councils lie!)

received a letter off them saying they agreed with the points i had made BUT they would not supply any evidence of the offence and that i now owed them £60 !!

so being the obstinate  BAS>>>>  that i am i used the appeal process.

funnily enough when the appeal panel got in touch with the council they decided to offer no EVIDENCE.

the moral of this tale is if there isnt evidence then there ISNT a crime . ASK FOR EVIDENCE

This is exactly what happened to my brother, he didn't even know he had got a ticket until he got the second notice through the post. He was getting fined for not paying to park in a carpark at 7.59pm when its free after 8pm. They too didn't have photographic evidence, we reckon they used the cctv cams to catch him out, either that or the warden was waiting round the corner :lol: .

When my brother asked for evidence of the initial ticket the council sent a letter saying "Please find enclosed a copy of the original ticket issued to you" There was no ticket with the letter...durr!

You are allowed to stop on double yellow lines to drop-off or pick-up passengers ..... and im also sure that there is a maxium number of minutes you are allowed to stop parked on the lines.

Where's my highway code when you need it :rolleyes: !

And might I also add.....

On my 1st driving test I failed because my driving instructor told me to pull over and come to a stop and I came to a stop on double yellow lines. I got a minor fault for this and hense failed.

My driving instructor went ape s**t at the examiner ..... next test I went to somewhere else and I passed!

hi sorry to here of your problem.if its yellow lines there shoul be sign post with 150 metres of any direction showing time plate.if its in a residential area or red route you commit the offence straight away.

there was a sign post there, i shouldnt technically have parked there but there was nowhere else

so being the obstinate  BAS>>>>  that i am i used the appeal process.

the ticket was on the car when i came back to it, it wasnt posted to me

I guess at the end of the day, if there are double yellows and you leave your vehicle on them unattended you risk a fine no matter if it is only for ten minutes. When you break a law and get caught, you pay. Otherwise everyone would see double yellows as a marker for temporary parking! An unfortunate incident but difficult to see reasons for true sympathy! (I'll soften up before Christmas, I'm sure).

Admittedly, it is annoying when you have fed the meter, get back two minutes late and some jobsworth has contributed on your behalf to the city fund raiser.

As for outrunning the warden --well, I guess it's tough on the streets and all's fair in love and war. Slower OAPs will have to drop a trail of marbles behind them or something...