Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lucky Escape!

MSC_Kev

I had a very near miss today on the M1. What followed could have been much worse and in fact some other drivers could have been hit also.

I was travelling along the motorway outside lane, coming upto Junction 21a services and saw a car in the middle lane almost loose it, next thing I know I see this brick bouncing along the road. I swerve to miss it, by this point it's too late and it hits the car. The other driver took the brick right in the windscreen.

Just infront in a motorway lorry, for what I can only suggest was carrying what hit my car, so I accelerate pass it, shouting at the lorry that his load was falling out of the back. I only hope he understood and no one else got hurt as I must have dodged about a dozen bricks.

I've checked over the damage and it's actually hit the front splitter, came up and dented the bonnet, put a huge hole / crack in the bonnet scoop and bounced over the top of the car.

I'm fine, car's in a bit of state, but I'll get it fixed asap, only just had the bumpers done too Just thankful it didn't hit the windscreen!

Kev :wacko:

!Removed! hell, could have been very seroious

i once had like a breeze block fall off the back off a truck, it was one of those big pick up style trucks, but a massive one.

it fell off just as i went into the secound lane to overtake...

i was like !Removed! hell thats more than lucky

If you got his registration and company name you should contact them with the details, date, time, location., then put in a claim, they are responsible for any damage caused. :yes:

Did you get his reg number? I would report it to the police, the other car involved might need it if they want to claim off the lorries insurance.

What time and direction was this? I drove up there about 10am but didn't see any bricks in the road.

sounds like you were very lucky not to have a smashed windscreen, glad your okay, the car can be fixed after all

i remember trying to dodge a chunk of wood as it flew off the back off a lorry - (why does it always happen when you int he outside lane of motorway? :S)

didnt manage to dodge it and it went up into the wheel arch and bounced around before getting dislodged - that was a fight to keep the wheel straight and not soil myself at the same time!

T x

Had the same happen to me, except the brick came straight at my face off the back of a lorry at about 75 and bounced off the windscreen and went over the roof onto the bonnet of the guy behind :wacko:

Good old Citroen Xantia :thumbsup:

thanks for the kind comments.

I think I can remember the reg number correctly. So I'll get on the phone to the police in a sec. The only thing I can remember on the back of the lorry was the motorway maintance sign, other then that no idea.

the time was around 12.30 ish, just before the Services at 21a

I'm sure the other driver that got hit will be in a quite a state I imagine, they pulled over in the hard shoulder.

Kev

Phew, that sounds scary..glad you're okay.

I was on the M25 today and a construction lorry (I can remember the name of the company that owns it actually) pulled into the fast lane infront of the Nissan Almera that was infront of me. There was me in my Yaris with 2 passengers which makes braking take a bit longer but I always leave a large gap, still caused us both to brake really hard and sharply. Didnt think lorries were even meant to be in the fast lane of the M-Way either.... :unsure:

Glad you're ok. Sounds like a very dangerous situation.

I was following one of those high-sided, open-topped lorries once. The ones that carry scrap and the like. A load of stuff suddenly flew off the top and towards my car. I thought "that's it I'm dead" as I drove through a load of expanded polystyrene. :rolleyes:

damn kev u'd just had the car sorted good job your good mates with the bodyshop, but nonetheless it shouldnt of happened

glad your ok though mate!