Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Twin St/st Exhaust

RAV-44

I`m seriously thinking of having one of these twin exhaust systems. They look really good.

Do they improve perfomance?

Do they sound any better than the standard single?

Is it worth spending £439.00 on these pipes.

Any answers?

Regards

get some quotes from some custom places first you may get a power increase but mainly its done for looks and noise,

I've put the tte exhaust on my rav its mainly for looks

as the power increase if any is un-noticeable, it sounds nice when you rev it and is not much louder at everyday speeds, as for £400+ :eek: i got mine off eBay for £120 & got it fitted for £20 at a local garage at that price i couldn't resist it :thumbsup:

Chris

if you look on the TTE website which has been listed on this forum a few times

its on their site & is part no AM 27993 (5 doors only) and just keep checking to see if anybody is selling one ,mine was sold by somebody who bought it for series 1 rav4 but never fitted it because it needed modding .fitting for the series 2 is just a straight swap for the original but i would recommend getting it fitted because the connections need opening a bit :thumbsup: .

Chris.

• 4 weeks later...

:D please put some pics on here,cos im after some and want to see what the look like :eek:

sorry for being nosey but how much did the cost?

thanks

The twin st/st exhaust cost`s £439.51 inc.vat & a total of £531.16 with Mr T fitting it! I`m getting it fitted because the car is still under warranty & I don`t fancy crawling around under the car anyway.

I suppose if I became a Gold Member I might get 15% off but that depends on the garage etc.

As for pics well as soon as I get it back Monday 21st Nov. I`ll take some & try & put them on here? :thumbsup:

:crybaby: wow that looks brill,looks like i will be getting one ordered in the morning!!!!

i got everything else on mine just need the twin exhaust, sorry but im gonna have to copy of you :ffs:

thanks for the photo!!!

Apart from the looks I also like the Sound that it gives out, not very loud or intrusive but more of a satisfying ‘growl’ (couldn’t think of a better word)

My TTE St/St Twin Exhaust was fitted to day at a cost of £505.00 using the garages own Gold Card system, got 10% off.

Like prince says it`s a sort of growling sound. I`m pleased with the result & think it finishes off the rear of this car nicely! :)

I think I will leave off the modding this side of Xmas as it`s getting expensive what with presents & all.

:D hi all, i just ordered my twin exhaust from where i got my rav from, the only charging me £441.82 just cant wait to get it fitted!

they are saying there computer is saying it wont fit on my car with the rear step on? strange eh? so i have copied the pic to show my garage that it does fit on!

Shouldn’t be a problem, at the top of my road there’s another RAV4 which has the Twin exhaust fitted together with the rear step.

Prince a question for you. :)

Have your twin exhast pipes got any form of support holding them up?

On my Rav the main exhaust box is nicely tied up with rubber band brackets etc. but the 2 pipes are done up with a sort of double wired jubile clip as they come out of the main box each side & thats it. When I got home last night I had to lift the pipe up under the number plate side & tighten the jubile nut as it had slipped down an inch or 2. There seems a lot of leveredge just hanging under there?

Any un even ground or bumps would make the pipes gradually drop down again.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Regards

RAV-44 - that's exactlly what I thought would happen when I fitted mine but it didn't.

I did not get the official clamps with it as it was purchased second hand - instead I used regular Halfords exhaust clamps - they do a whole range of sizes so I top the end pipe in to get the right ones.

Just did them up fairly tight quite near the ends (to maximise grip across the split joint) and they have never moved.

Hope that helps.

AMH thanx for that.

You say they have never moved since you put the Halford clamps on, what if some one came along & decided to stand on them do you think they would move then or do you think I`m over reacting. :blink:

I will have a good look tomorrow and let you Know.

Prince a question for you. :)

Have your twin exhast pipes got any form of support holding them up?

On my Rav the main exhaust box is nicely tied up with rubber band brackets etc. but the 2 pipes are done up with a sort of double wired jubile clip as they come out of the main box each side & thats it. When I got home last night I had to lift the pipe up under the number plate side & tighten the jubile nut as it had slipped down an inch or 2. There seems a lot of leveredge just hanging under there?

Any un even ground or bumps would make the pipes gradually drop down again.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Regards

Did think of that myself - hasn't happened yet and I am always cautious where I park up - backing in unless I need boot access - guess if someone really wanted to they could twist them but hopefully unlikely !!

I`m seriously thinking about adding a strap on each pipe using a jubile clip & an exhaust rubber/ st/st bracket & fixing to an existing bolt location which I have`nt looked for yet.

I`ll have a look at the weekend & see what it might involve. I`m not happy as it is.

I`ll keep you informed.

• 2 weeks later...
:D  hi all, i just ordered my twin exhaust from where i got my rav from, the only charging me £441.82 just cant wait to get it fitted!

they are saying there computer is saying it wont fit on my car with the rear step on? strange eh? so i have copied the pic to show my garage that it does fit on!

toyota has just told me,the reason why its not on there computer about the rear bar not being able to fit on with the twin exhaust is because the rear bar can get very hot and if little ones touch the rear step it could burn the fingers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links