Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt-4 Engine Swap

=IWM= Spectre

Was thinking about the possibility of swaping my 1.8st engine for the gt4-turbo but apart from the engine, loom,gearbox and brakes , i'm not sure what else i would need to swap can anyone help ?

Also how diff are the engine bays ? would it go in fairly easy or is it going to be

a !Removed! to fit/set up

mr2 TURBO drive shafts and the ECU

Would it all fit?? I mean will that make it a GT4 powered front wheel drive?? If so surely you wouldn't be able to effictively use all that power in the front wheels??

Anyone remember the MG Montego 2.0 Turbo ??????? Or as it was affectionately known... The torque steer special. :yes:

200+ BHP through the front wheels is ok-ish but anymore than that and i think you`ll have traction 'issues' :unsure:

As Carrera_C said... just buy the GT4. There will be too much work and involved and will be expensive. Just small things like needing the GT4 bonnet... that wont be cheap.

Why dont you want to just sell your ST and buy a GT4???

Senseble thing would be to just buy a gt4 but having a fwd gt4 would be unique all that power through the front wheels once they stop spining would be rapid won't lose as much power threw the 4wd transmisson just the fronts. Up too you though i say just get a gt4.

Why dont you want to just sell your ST and buy a GT4???

Was thinking of doint the ST as a project and go the full hog on it ie engine,body etc etc over a period of time and get another celi to run around in,plus not sure what i'd get for the st and as i got a loan to get this one dont realy have the spare cash atm to put the extra in as the gt-4;s are going for around the £4,500/5000 mark for a low milage one and prob would only get about 3500 for mine ?

car= pearl purple (body in very gd condition apart from 1 small dent in each side and one on the bonnet ), 1.8st, 72,000 miles with full service hisrory, 98 R plate

lowerd 35mm on APEX springs,"17 wolfrace ikon alloys(one kerbed :( )mot and tax 06/06,jvc kd-g511 cd head unit(4months old)with box etc,6x9's in rear quarters

naon lit interior(can be easily removed),it will have when it comes in

brand new exhaust front pipe£215, i will personally give it a complete full used car valet(full qual valeter)

and will service it within the next couple of weeks(possibly sorting some new valve stem seals andd replacing)

I think your about right there, around £3,500 for yours. Then whatever you were going to spend on your engine conversion can go towards it and that should add up to over £5000.

I just sold my GT and brought a GT4. I paid £5,800 for my GT4 - its a 1995 import WRC edition, 44,000 miles 12 months MOT 6 months tax, Perfect bodywork, interior and running condition. Also came with full s/s racing exhaust, apexi induction kit, defi boost guage, defi control unit and a turbo timer. Just to give you an idea.

Searched around alot for insurance. Im 21 with 1 year NCB. Most companies told me 'we aint insuring u on that'. Got insurance for £1,128 fully comp.

Just thought you could bear this all in mind when deciding if you are going to chage over.

Adam :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advise guys think i'm gonna wait and buy the gt-4 early next year

hopefully gives me time to sort a few more new bits for this one and to get the extra £300 for the insurance lol

Adam What your apexi induction kit like they any good? loud, suck in alot of air?

Yeah when you reach high revs its loud and it does suck in a lot of air! Looks really good and the kit is very high quality and made really well for the car. I dont even know how much they cost but from looking at it i guess its quite expensive..?

Adam

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links