Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Wing Mirrors Are Inhabited!

Caz SR

Hi all,

A bit of a light hearted problem, but one I would like some help with... :lol:

I seem to have a family of spiders living in my wing mirrors. Go out to the car and without fail one of the things have built a web over them. Quite amusing watching the things bounce around on the motorway... but not when their webs bake onto my car in the sun! :angry:

The amount of times I've thought there has been some damage to the paint and it's just a web. It's a niggling problem and wondered if anyone's got some tried and tested methods to evict the creatures? I'm petrified of them at the best of times - and they seem to be getting bigger :wacko:

Cheers :lol::thumbsup:

:lol: I'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem - keep getting rid of the buggers to find more attached to the car the next day..

J

Get yourself a can of fly spray, give it a good blast behind both mirrors, and watch the little critters come running out.....job done :thumbsup: .

I have spiders living in both wingmirrors on the grey supra :(

I have tried;

Using the presure washer to wash them out

Driving in excess of 160

Using an air duster with the nozzle behind the glass

Using the mirror glass heaters

, not to mention "smoking" then out........

They are still there :(

Bless ya! I think most people have this problem - it is annoying when youve just cleaned you car then the next day 'pop' a fresh web! they work fast! :lol:

I spraying them out doesnt work - i would try some sort of bug repellent - as suggested above

T x

you could...

A ) Wiggle the mirror leaver (on non electric mirror system) until it leaves the mirror - done that before on the peugeot

B ) Tempt it out by dangling a fly on the end of a miniture fishing rod

C ) Smoke em out

D ) Issue em with a eviction notice

or easiest option

E ) spray em out with a hosepipe :thumbsup:

you could...

B) Tempt it out by dangling a fly on the end of a miniture fishing rod

Tried that... catching & hooking the blue bottle on the end of it was a task in itself... only for the spider to turn its nose up at it!! :angry:

D) Issue em with a eviction notice

Yep, but the spider told me it was illiterate - have they never heard of spider school damn it?!?!

or easiest option

E) spray em out with a hosepipe  :thumbsup:

Tried this too, but the spiders had thought ahead and wrapped minature life jackets around themselves. Plan thwarted :(

Seriously... even a blast with the hose pipe doesn't seem to work!!

Did I mention I have a pathological fear of the things too? So close contact is a no-go.

Why are girls scared of spiders????

Milly has a fit of she sees one... living in an old house we have plenty!

Not just girls...

I think it's because they're 8-legged freaks.

I tried to overcome my fear the other night by attempting to evict one from the bath (just bigger than a £2 coin). I froze and couldn't bring myself to even place the cup over it :(

So yeah, them being on the mirrors when I drive is a bit of a distraction!! :D

Don't look at your mirrors :thumbsup:

ewwwww I too hate spiders and like some girls I "freeze" when I see one then have a hissy fit until BF moves it. :thumbsup: I am thankfull he is not one of those men that throw spiders at GF just for a laugh. :o

When BF is not around to evict said spider.......... I hoover them up. :thumbsup: I cant sleep in the bedroom if there is a spider on the wall soooooo extended nozzel on hoover is great. ;)

Lol, I hate the webs, makes it look like you dont look after your car, never actually seen 1 spider on my wingmirror though. Thinking about it now though, I've probably got a cremated 1 in there after my wingmirrors were baked when they were colour-coded.

B ) Tempt it out by dangling a fly on the end of a miniture fishing rod

I think I'm going to try this one! :lol:

A

i leave em be! rather have them there than flys getting in, which are filthy things!

makes me laugh how they are on the web as soon as you crack the engine up the scurry into the mirror and then come back out the next night and make a fresh web! :lol: