Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supra 3.0 Sz Coupe 1993 Non Turbo

PCNutter

Hi Chaps, im after a little help.

I'm looking at buying a 1993 TOYOTA Supra 3.0, SZ COUPE, Auto, Silver, Tax and Tested, Alloy Wheels, ABS, 1/2 Leather interior, Air Con, Petrol, (NON TURBO) 63000 miles. £4,150, but before I do, I want to check the price to insure it.

I went on to Admirals website to get a quote but the SZ Coupe is not listed? Does the SZ fall under one of these category's:-

Auto, Auto(import), FI, FI (import) or do they not insure the SZ?

Also what does the SZ stand for, is it just a slightly higher spec than a normal Supra and do you think that is a good price for the above.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Hi Chaps, im after a little help.

I'm looking at buying a 1993 TOYOTA Supra 3.0, SZ COUPE, Auto, Silver, Tax and Tested, Alloy Wheels, ABS, 1/2 Leather interior, Air Con, Petrol, (NON TURBO) 63000 miles. £4,150, but before I do, I want to check the price to insure it.

I went on to Admirals website to get a quote but the SZ Coupe is not listed?  Does the SZ fall under one of these category's:-

Auto, Auto(import), FI, FI (import) or do they not insure the SZ?

Also what does the SZ stand for, is it just a slightly higher spec than a normal Supra and do you think that is a good price for the above.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

sz is just the model name for the non turbo supra.... im not sure why admiral havnt got it listed cos elephant have, why not give them a try they have given me a very fair quote for my twin/t, have you thoguht about getting the tt there is not much difference in price for the insurance......... cheapest car to insure is the highest spce supra which is the uk tt (dont ask me why it is still puzzling me??, its more powerfull than the jspec and has a lot more goddies, active spoiler, larger turbo's, steel turbs etc etc.... worth thinking about m8

Cheers for that mate, I would love a TT but im on a spending limit of around £5000.

You can get a UK TT for that as long as you dont mind high mileage :thumbsup:

Beware of Admiral and their sister companies.

Cheap insurance is not always good insurance !

Hi Martin,

Sorry to take this a little off topic briefly, but I'm with an Admiral sister company for my insurance (Diamond). Have you had a bad experience with them? I'm thinking of switching to another company when it's time to renew due to the premuims but they've always been good on the phone.

Cheers,

Caz.

TEll me Charis.... Why is girlie insurance cheaper.....

I have never seen a bloke miss the pedals because he is wearing high heals...... :P

Tell me Charis....  Why is girlie insurance cheaper.....

I have never seen a  bloke miss the pedals because he is wearing high heals......  :P

And how many blokes have driven you around wearing high heels Charlie? Something we should know? :lol:

Only Ed at weekends :(

Only Ed at weekends :(

Try SKY insurance, they are the cheapest I have found, they will also come to an agreed value. Also don't hike the price too much for mods.

i think you would be very luckty to get a uk spec for £5000 unless it was in bad condition....... there is a couple around twith high mileage but non that cheap

theres a uk tt 6 - on auto trader going for 8k i think but with 120k on clock

an a few auto with 100k on for around 8 too

i think you would be very luckty to get a uk spec for £5000 unless it was in bad condition....... there is a couple around twith high mileage but non that cheap

Red UK TT Auto (identical to what i had) went on autotrader for £4995 a few months back ;) had 200k miles to its name though, but thats nothing :)

Red UK TT Auto (identical to what i had) went on autotrader for £4995 a few months back ;) had 200k miles to its name though, but thats nothing :)

wooow, didn't realise we were talking that sort of high mileage, have to say though if it full has sericve history an its well looked after it will just keep goin' an goin'

Hi Martin,

Sorry to take this a little off topic briefly, but I'm with an Admiral sister company for my insurance (Diamond). Have you had a bad experience with them? I'm thinking of switching to another company when it's time to renew due to the premuims but they've always been good on the phone.

Cheers,

Caz.

Yep very bad and i know i'm not the only one. Take a read of this http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/cgi-bin/iB/ikon...t=ST;f=6;t=143; for a bit more background.

I was like a lot of people happy with them, their service and premiums until it came to crunch time. I learn't my lesson well, particularly when they just disregarded by point of view and refused to talk to me, so know i will pay more for my insurance if it gives me that piece of mind.

Nobody ever thinks about what happens in the event of a claim when they are shopping for insurance, but with so many idiots on the road you should do.

DBR, are you sure Elephant have the SZ on their records?. I just spoken to a women who I could hardly understand and she said its not on their records, but FI is.

So do you think I would be ok insuring it as an FI.

They also have N/a, whats that?

Thanks in Advance

yes an SZ can also be known as an n/a supra. :thumbsup: