Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Stereo Install & Power Aerial Won't Work

BobB

I have a new Alpine stereo all wired in (1991 Celica convertible). I bypassed the factory amplifier (under seat) & using the amp wiring & the dash radio wiring as much as possible (quite a harness to make up). It sounds great except no power aerial !!! I have the alpine aerial power wire hooked to the factory aerial wire (B+) but no luck. I've spent many, many hours trying to resolve this issue without any luck. I think there is another wire that has to be powered up also due to my meager internet findings. Please help if you have a clue.

Thanks,

BobB :ffs:

I know you posted at the end of this topic:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21775

but have you tried PMing the bloke who sorted his to see if he can help??

There are two power leads to the standard toyota aerial. One to the relay and one to the motor i think. If thats any help. :unsure:

I tried PMing both via the forum and directly. No reply. I think you're correct, two aerial leads need to be powered up. I've got the +B lead, but I cant figure the relay (other?) lead. I've powered up every remaining wire without success ...would really like to know the color of the relay (other?) lead so I can recheck with confidence (and if that doesn't work I can at least start working on the fault ...like maybe a bad relay). Thanks for the info.

BobB

;)

GOT IT!!!! There are 2 leads that have to be connected to the Alpine aerial power lead. One is the aerial +B lead (red & black) and the other (mystery wire) is the aerial relay lead (pink & blue) which was labeled as the amp +B lead in my plug diagram (which threw me off track). All works well now. Thanks for the interest.

BobB