Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Fast Should My Mk1 Be

toystar

:unsure:

I finish work early today but its cats and dogs outside so no working on the car a guy who i work with has a mk2 t plate think its a gen 3 ? n/a anyway we went for a blast on the bypass near our work and my mk1 kicked his ***** but i did drive like a t**t . All i done is exaust airfilter one of them resisters in my air flow temp and advanced the timing 2 degrees When we stopped he told me he had raced a mk1 before and mine seemed alot slower my car will pull about 55 in sechand 95 ish in third 120 in forth and 125-130 in fifth is this right / ok the car has done 230 thou and still going strong apart from the little probs i listed before

will someone please tell me this is ok and stop me worring :huh:

I couldnt believe the speed of mine when i got it - mine will also comfortably do 60 in second gear- and i had it up to 120mph in fifth the other week - (on private road of course :ph34r::rolleyes: )

I felt like she would have gone past this but my tyres arnt up to it so i didnt push it

They are very nippy for a N/a - standard i think they push 122 bhp - have you had yours on the rollers since doing the mods? :bookworm:

T x

Not yet but will soon am hoping santa brings me some thottle bodies for christmas and my bro got some cams for me cant wait now painting my new 17s ta go on just waiting for 1st coat to dry should look good gloss black wheels on a diamond white car should really be spending pennies else where but who cares :o

Any ideas how its gonna handle with the 17's on? I got advised to stick with 15's as any biggr and it will tramline all over the place

black against white should look good though :)

The wheels will make it slower off the mark but will look the !Removed! my coil overs are on the lowest setting with my 14"s on so il have to sort that out :unsure: but hey cant have every thing

Yep its like a women the more miles on the clock the looser they get prob going ta go bang soon but then i can just rebuild with loads of goodies

Yep its like a women the more miles on the clock the looser they get prob going ta go bang soon but then i can just rebuild with loads of goodies

Controversial!!! :yes::lol:

My 4A-GE in my old Corolla GTI was running perfectly when I scrapped it on 179,000. They'll run forever if they're looked after!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links