Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 In Front Of Mk2 Owners

GIDDLEPIN

I dunno, those Mk3s just look... well... horrible :D maybe thats too strong but they never make me go oohhh like the Mk1 and 2s do :thumbsup:

I always wanted to own a MkI because they look so good, I never even considered a MkII, although they are fabulous looking and in the turbo version a very fast motor they lack a certain individuality, I know that this is an MR2 forum but because of the vast numbers of MkII owners it's bound to reflect in the posts. Fortunately the MkIII has reletively few members so the exclusivity is still there and we can have these friendly discussions. ;)

Les

. To BLuePaseo .well actually i was going to say ugly.....but i was polite and changed it to dated....like i said its personal preference ,,if we all liked the same things would be a strange world. I used to like the MR2 mk1 and remember it coming out (About 1984 ish 85 ?) I thought at the time it looked super cool but i look at them now and think urgh!!!!and the same to the MK2 .......just my tastes thats all..i wouldnt swap ya mate!!!! I agree with Les probably MK3 owners are still in the minority on these forums , they are probably all out posing in a good quality car so no time to be on here LOL :thumbsup:

you said it PP, it would be a dull place indeed if we all liked the same things :yes: maybe in a few years time youll look back and say why on earth did I buy a mk3, they look horrid! carry on posing, me I dont pose as Im too ugly!!! just off to peep in the garage and admire the gorgeous curves on my Mr2, then off to work in the morning in the not so gorgeous, but loveable Panda... now theres dated!

Panda :eek: ....you could be right in so many years time could think same about my MK3 (not yet though) I LOve this car..just waiting for my personal plate to arrive (should be this week) and i will be over the moon ....i will bid you a good night and i will talk to ya again.......p.s. watch out for speed cameras 2moz LOL :thumbsup:

I have said it before, but will say it again.. i like ALL the MR2's, and always wanted to own one.. a new one, so i could say its mine.. all mine. I found myself in the fortunate position of being able to own one.. so, before production stopped i bought my MK3. I have no regrets whatsover... even though i will have to learn to do a short back n sides. I also feel that if a lot of the MK2 owners could afford one (not trying to offend anyone, honest) a large number of them would buy one.

It's a fantastic car to drive .. fast enough for me, and i get a lot of nice comments about it (also get the odd smart :censor: at work (costomers) who say i'm getting paid to much.. P****s me off :ffs:) It will as has been said, look dated in due course.. but like the MK1 and in time, the MK2.. will become a classic. :thumbsup:

I know there its just a bit of banter , but it would be nice to give the MK3 that little bit of respect it deserves. :P after all.. it IS an MR2

I do agree the mk1s looks dated.. but some people love that retro look ;)... but the mk2 will always be a proper GT car... imho iconic sports car styling...

As much as I love the mk3 and I did want one.. and would probably still have one... it is a convertible after all, and good for posing etc ;)... yet is therefore classed with the likes of the MX5 in many people's eyes...

Yes toyota went back to their roots a little and decided to produce a very good handling little car...

But for that iconic sports car look (again imho) you want the proper GT car... its gotta be the mk2.. whether its rev1,2,3,4 or 5 :thumbsup:

I guess if you are gonna be picky, the mk2 is the GT car... the mk3 is the sports car (tho by my own definition and opinion I dont think it looks -as- sporty as the mk2) To me, 'sportiness' is defined by a sleek look, agressive yet elegant... and I dont think the mk3 carries that off, although its a lovely looking car in its own right.

I like them both... but you just cant compare them... despite the fact they share the same name, a similar Badge, they are entirely different beasts.

i love em all :) even ones which have been in bad accidents make me feel something. just like broken statues in museums they all retain something of that beauty they inherently contained at conception. :yes:

i love em all :) even ones which have been in bad accidents make me feel something. just like broken statues in museums they all retain something of that beauty they inherently contained at conception.  :yes:

Yeah... upsets me to see a mk2 written off.... I just think of the poor little thing...

more recently there is a red UK NA K reg (same as Skye but red) that parks on the back street near work... a nice looking T-bar... but the other day i went for a closer look... and I was so upset.. the poor little thing looked like it hadnt been washed in months :( that upset me... cause whatever the MR2.. if you keep it looking spangly.. they looks special... she just looked sad. :(

I suppose one of the reasons the MKII lasts longer than most is the fact that the majority of owners leave them in the garage, occasionally open the door to admire them then use alternative forms of transport, where as MKIII owners drive them day in day out and get more pleasure out of using their pride and joy. :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

Same here, I only have my 2,

wish sometimes I had another cheap car, maybe a diesel, so i could lock my 2 away for a few months for some big mods !...ahhhh maybe next year.........

more recently there is a red UK NA K reg (same as Skye but red) that parks on the back street near work... a nice looking T-bar... but the other day i went for a closer look... and I was so upset.. the poor little thing looked like it hadnt been washed in months :( that upset me... cause whatever the MR2.. if you keep it looking spangly.. they looks special... she just looked sad. :(

heh theres a white mk2 near me that i drive past often ... its on a main road never moves and should be white but its kinda dirty yellow.... ive thought about calling at the houses to find who owns it; with a bucket of warm water, some car shampoo and offering to wash it for just the pleasure of it cos it looks sad too .... uh oh maybe missing mines affecting me a little too much :help:

*goes to lie down* :lol:

mine sits in its garage while my Panda gets used for work, the reason for this is simple.... there are so many idiot drivers that use our carpark and just cant help denting other peoples cars! I couldnt bear to see it dented and scraped by a load of inconsiderate plonkers :thumbsup:

As for buying new, bought a total of four brand new cars, I hate dealers and depreciation and seeing my new toy deteriorate so thats why back to buying used!

must say i like them all aswell.... just like the others better

and although some concider the styling 'dated' is an understated, what you meant to say was 'timeless'

mk1 based on an old lotus...

mk2 based around a ferrari

mk3..... erm... worth forgetting!

sorry but its looks are a real downer to me, ill admit some modded ones look the doggies, but thats a serious matter that does need tending too

afterall ive driven one, and the handling was superb, the engine was nippy for what it was, its not CRAP, by a long shot compared to other cars. but compared to the mk1 and mk2 it dont cut it