Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Vs Fiesta

batesonm

My friend has a ford fiesta 1.4 zetec mk4 and is constantly telling me how much better his car is than mine (I have a 1.0 02 VVT-i Yaris). :censor: I know this insn't true and would love to qoute some facts and figures to shut him up. The problem is i don't know any. Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

He will be faster but so what there is always someone out there who is. Remember your car is jap, he drives a ford fix or repair daily :D

DONT. let this turn into a racing thread. (friendly warning) your IS better cause its a toyota not a !Removed! ford (sorry tegan).

all ill say is www.parkers.co.uk that is your friend and check out the t section.

DONT. let this turn into a racing thread. (friendly warning) your IS better cause its a toyota not a !Removed! ford (sorry tegan).

no problems boss no intentions to. :!Removed!:

One would wonder why your friend feels he has to big up his Fiesta in front of you....

Insecurity that your car actually is better perhaps? :P :lol:

My Dad's got an 03 Fiesta (dont ask me what MK it is cos I dont know, it's the new style that's all I know) which is a 1.3 and I have a Yaris Blue 1.3..when you put your accelerator down in the Yaris it actually moves, where in the Fiesta you have to wait and wait as it's sloooooooooow. Even my Dad agrees and he isn't that much of an agreeable bloke when it comes to cars!

Okay I know it's not technical but I am part of a Fiesta/Yaris Family ;)

A site was posted on here where you could compare 2 cars.. bhp top speed etc.. can't find it though try a search.

the zetec engine isnt as quick as the vvt-i and the older fiestas were badly built

come seriously a 1.0 16v vs a 1.4 16v. I think its thread bye bye

I've had similar challenges at school,

one guy in a 1.2 corsa sxi and a guy in a skoda felicia 1.4

a chick look on parkers showed that the corsa had ~70hp and a 12.4 sec 0-60 and that the skoda has 68hp (lol 1.4) and 13.4 0-60 - they still want to race me though - but imo my car has a better power to weight

just go on parkers and pull up the spec - but remember power isn't everything - is this other guy fatter than you?? cos that'll make a difference :P

Thanks guys.

I've printed out the stuff on parkers so that next time he starts banging on about his car i can just hand over the facts and figures.

His car is obviously faster and has more torque but my car wins in every other category! :D

Cheers for all the help. :P

If I had to choose between a yaris or a fiesta as a whole package I would choose the yaris!

It looks good, drives well, and will no-doubt last longer :thumbsup: !

Well, I have owned both a fiesta and now a yaris, and I gotta say.... no contest! When you weigh up all the stats, fact and figues as well as performance and depreciation value etc, the yaris comes out on tops all the time. You only gotta look at the spec sheets for the £ from new to see the value etc.

Sorry......rant over.....but the yaris has to be the best car I have owned to date for a number of reasons, and I would NEVER buy a ford fiesta again.

Sorry that my friend somehow managed to post a thread. I'm going to change my password. I showed him the stuff i'd printed out and all the reviews. It was ace, for a change he had no reply.

In response to a question on the other thread i failed my mot on the handbrake which went all the way to the top. I had it fixed but it's just ended up the same as before.

Thanks for the support! :P

I believe there are two cables, so you'll need a right and left cable.

Just had a quick google search, and Fensport sell them for £30 each.

Contact Mr T, and give Envy Performance a shout as well.

It was definately tightened by the mechanic as well, and it's now it's gone "slack" again?

The mechanics charged me about £15 and he said he'd tightened it. For the next few months the problem was solved but the handbrake slowly edged it's way back to the top.

you gotta wait for a hot day and ask him "you got air con?"

(im presuming the 1L has air con?)

and at the end of the day, your car is your car. and its the best car in the world.

(like how my yaris is better than all the ones in here) :P joke joke :group-cuddles:

no need to listen to some idiot "chavving it up"

and whats the point? he's got 400ccs more than you and still feels the need to pick on you. there are some seriously sad W&|\|Kers out there. for your next car get a civic vti, and wee yellowness ALL over his "Fix Or Repair Daily". :lol: