Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyo Tranpath Tyres

prince

On Paper the Toyo Tyre sound’s good, as it says on the Toyo Website;

“The Tranpath gives excellent handling, good ride comfort, reduced noise level at motorway speeds and stable wet road performance. Not only that, it has the authentic look of a tough all-terrain tyre whilst weather motifs, bold outline lettering and a protective rim-guard present a striking side-wall image. With the Toyo Tranpath, you get the look and the feel of sportiness combined with utility - off-road safety coupled with motorway durability”

But I want some owner’s opinions, so if you have some Toyo’s on your Rav4 could you kindly give me the good, bad and the ugly on them.

And if you have swapped them, what make/model of tyre did you swap them for? And did they make any significant improvements?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Prince,

I have a three year old 5dr D4D currently on Toyo tyres :D

I have only had the car for two months. I use it for work and travel about 1500 miles a month on Motorways and A & B roads. There's not much tyre noise from speed... never had to put the ABS to use yet but they offer good traction. As I also live in the country and the soon impending cold wheather and snow. I'm sure I will get to use the traction and 4 wheel drive better soon ( the wife has a 206CC so that wont be going any where..Looks like I will be doing the school run :ph34r::ph34r: )

They look nice and when I brought the car the previous owner kindly booted all four wheels in new Toyo tyres.... :thumbsup:

I suppose it boils down to what you really want to do..If off roading and mud plugging is your thing I would say No...These tyes would proberly give up after a while in the thick mud. If you want a tyre for every day driving and wet road holding I say they are a good choice. B)

Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:, I had some doubts about them as I have read some complaints else where on the net, but your reply has giving me some food for thought.

Prince,

I have a three year old 5dr D4D currently on Toyo tyres :D

I have only had the car for two months. I use it for work and travel about 1500 miles a month on Motorways and A & B roads. There's not much tyre noise from speed... never had to put the ABS to use yet but they offer good traction. As I also live in the country and the soon impending cold wheather and snow. I'm sure I will get to use the traction and 4 wheel drive better soon ( the wife has a 206CC so that wont be going any where..Looks like I will be doing the school run :ph34r:  :ph34r: )

They look nice and when I brought the car the previous owner kindly booted all four wheels in new Toyo tyres.... :thumbsup:

I suppose it boils down to what you really want to do..If off roading and mud plugging is your thing I would say No...These tyes would proberly give up after a while in the thick mud. If you want a tyre for every day driving and wet road holding I say they are a good choice. B)

I've only got the tyres ours came with second hand (couldn't even tell you what they are)

But you might wanna check out these earlier threads for more tyre-shaped data...

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41041

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43392

That's if you haven't already... :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links