Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chirping Belts Under The Bonnet

Mevi

I have one or more squeeky belts under the bonnet - mostly when it's wet outside. Once warmed up they are quiet as normal.

I took it to a Toyota dealer and they said they were fine - of course as it's a drive away, the squeeks had stopped!!

My local modding emporium has an aerosol product which stops this but at £5 a go, I wondered if there is a normal household/DIY product which may do the same thing.

(kinda like the 1001 household carpet cleaner being £3 cheaper than the auto carpet cleaner although they are packaged near identically and both do the job in my footwells - another way of extracting extra money from motorists?)

cheers

Try putting talcon powder on them. I had a noise from my belts and did it and its not happened since

A wax crayon hsould do the job, the ones you usually find in bicycle puncture repair kits.

Although that and talcum powder are only temporary fixes as it will start squeeking again after a few hundred miles, so its probably ready for some new belts.

You could try throwing out the canary ;) :D :lol:

You could try throwing out the canary ;)  :D  :lol:

Yeh but the problem got worse when I put the cat in to try to flush it out. OK at motorway speeds as the engine drowned out it's screams but it got annoying driving around town. Also, there's not many places to put down a dish of Felix, whereas those nutty fat sticks that birds like come on a string so I can tie it down.

:P

Thanks for the tips tho. I'll be outside with the Johnson & Johnson this afternoon. heh heh.

accesory belts may be a tad loose and needs adjusting. not sure about ts but on the 1s engine, theres a belt tension adjuster in the system which has been known to stick. as a short term measure, a shot of wd 40 has worked for me

a shot of wd 40 has worked for me

Told not to use that as it is worse foryour belst andwill eventually damage them!

You could try throwing out the canary ;)  :D  :lol:

Yeh but the problem got worse when I put the cat in to try to flush it out. OK at motorway speeds as the engine drowned out it's screams but it got annoying driving around town. Also, there's not many places to put down a dish of Felix, whereas those nutty fat sticks that birds like come on a string so I can tie it down.

:P

Thanks for the tips tho. I'll be outside with the Johnson & Johnson this afternoon. heh heh.

Felix - oh no - Whiskas makes good canary killers - I should know! :lol:

I wouldnt recommend WD40 either personally!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links