Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Heavy Oil Consumption

DesBoyle

I bought my first car, a 2000 TOYOTA COROLLA VVTi from a dealer at the beginning of May this year with 37,000 miles on the clock. It was given a full service by the dealer at the time. I checked the oil about two months ago and it was at the minimum mark, I topped it up and checked it again yesterday and the oil level was again at the minimum mark..I have clocked 3700 miles since I bought the car..

The dealer gave me a six months guarantee with the car when I bought it

I going to bring the car to the dealer later today about a totally unrelated matter and I'm gonna bring the oil issue to his attention..How should I approach him..e.g What should I get him to investigate or what should I be looking for him to do in relation to this issue??

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

as long as its got full toyota history toyota will replace the lower block. go and see them asap. also read the other posts on this site. its a known problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yes:

I bought my first car, a 2000 TOYOTA COROLLA VVTi from a dealer at the beginning of May this year with 37,000 miles on the clock. It was given a full service by the dealer at the time. I checked the oil about two months ago and it was at the minimum mark, I topped it up and checked it again yesterday and the oil level was again at the minimum mark..I have clocked 3700 miles since I bought the car..

The dealer gave me a six months guarantee with the car when I bought it

give them hell and possible ccj go to court if no action its a known fault ask for bore wear measurments toyota know its the sulphur in the petrol

and the law changed recently any fault within 6 months is treated :yes: as if present at time of purchase ie the garage has to prove it was not faulty ie they cannot prove it :yes::yes: ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links