Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locked Out!

G6AArgh

hi all i just walked out to my car and the remote appears to have stopped working it wont unlock the car or disable the alarm (so if i open using the key alone the alarm sounds) i have tried both my remotes, my old one and the unused spare and neither are working i just bought a new Battery and replaced it but with no joy. can anyone offer any kind of help with this? i am assuming that it must be a fault with the receiver in the car? but for the moment i just need to be able to use the car to get to work in an hour. all sugestions will be very much appreciated as im rapidly running out of ideas. its a 99 corolla :crybaby::crybaby:

check the book

there must be a way of manually disarming the alarm after you open the door with the key

normally half a dozen clicks on the ignition switch

yes the handbook just says see your dealer, so ive called them they say the remotes could of jumped out of sync and to bring it in, the car will start but the alarm carrys on sounding and does not stop after any length of time, i live just over the road from a garage (rover) they checked that the remote is producing a signal which it is, i am currently scanning the yelow pages for someone who can help for less than 70 quid an hour. and my alarm is still going off. p.s knowlson that was me on the M25 the other week, your car looks better in the flesh!

p.s knowlson that was me on the M25 the other week, your car looks better in the flesh!

:lol::lol::lol: Cool if I new it was you mate I would have flashed or something I was looking out for a TOC sticker but could not see one B)

Was quite fun finding you in the middle of traffic on the M25 :lol::lol:

Have you tried to remove the Battery from the controller while standing next to the car and putting it back in? I think thats what I did on mine when my controler died

i have thought of it but am unsure if tampering with the siren will affect the immob? i know it can do on some cars but am unsure if it will on mine. i will call toyota again and check (garge over the road suggest pouring water into it!!)

Have you tried to remove the battery from the controller while standing next to the car and putting it back in? I think thats what I did on mine when my controler died

yes put a new Battery in remote still no joy

Get into the car and pop the bonnet then see if you can disconnect the siren?? Thats the only thing I can think of :!Removed!:

I have done it on my car once when the alarm Battery died it's a :censor: job but might be the only way for the moment

gonna have to. it seems that toyota are the only people able to sort it so i will have to find some sort of temp solution today as they are over 35 miles away and i have to get to work soon.

siren disconnected (one of the guys from the garage did it as it was "getting on their !Removed!") the immob is o.k so i'm off to toyota tommorow for what i feel is likely to be one of those piddley little jobs that costs a bomb to sort. cheers for all your help and suggestions guys. :thumbsup:

Mine did that on my celica. To resync the remote, you stand near the car, and hold both the lock and unlock together for about two seconds. Instant fix.