Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 7 Brake Upgrade

curtis13uk

My front brake discs need replacing, so im thinking of doing the lot and upgrading to some sport or racing brakes.

I cant find anywhere that supplies any pads/discs for the GEN 7 specifically. They do however do them for the GT4.

Does anyone know if the GT4's Discs and Pads would fit a GEN 7?? or anywhere i can get hold of some that will fit??

No, the GT4 ones definately won't fit...

Try Fensport for parts - should get you what you need. Go Gold, and you get discount as well! :thumbsup: Also have a scout round for Mintex products, they have a very high reputation...

My advice would be, if you HAVE to go for a better brake set-up - if you're driving a 140 Gen7 then just get the bigger calipers and larger front discs off the T-Sport, they're uprated over the 140 and provide decent stopping power. :thumbsup:

I've certainly never felt short of any.....

Ahhh, yeah, I've been thinking about a break upgrade (pre-face lift G7 brakes really are rubbish!) - not thought about the T-Sport calipers. They'd be a direct replcement wouldn't they? Time to call a breakers methinks! Thanks Spuff! :D

T-sport brakes would be the best cost/performance ratio upgrade. However, changing the front brake calipers might upset the balance front to rear, due to (presumably) a higher piston area. There is an article that explains it in the link I posted yesterday.

Sorry - my cackhanded knowledge of mechanics.....

So if you increase the diameter of your discs, you can still use the existing caliper?

If that's right, then it definately would seem sensible just to use the T-Sport front discs (15" I think) and boost your stopping power that way without upsetting the great handling of the car. :thumbsup: