Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Me Up

nik

Is it just mine or are MR2's just not that quick? I own a 1997 UK MR2 GT that is lowish milage (60000) Full History, recent service in excellent condition, but it feels slow. It hits 140mph no problem, but low down acceleration is just not good. A bit embarrasing when you pull away and not alot happens. What can I do to make it pull away a bit quicker? I don't like the loud exhausts, so I don't really want to go down that path. What is next to do? :help:

Iridium core sparkplugs, high performance ht leads, air intake? not sure but i know someones gonna give u some ideas what to do real soon :yes: gl gettin that razzle dazzle takeoff goin on :thumbsup:

thats the way the 3SGE works.... you just have to keep the revs up if you want to get moving ...

Yeah, I would agree with that. If you want to go fast, keep the revs above 4000 rpm.

What is next to do?

Take a driving course :P

Ok, joking aside, I'm serious. MR2's are very quick off the line if you drive them right. You've got to keep the revs up to get the torque with an MR2 (that goes for all gears so if overtaking drop it down one if not two cogs).

If you drive them like any other car (esp Euro or US cars) though they can seem sluggish at low revs.

Just watch your clutch and tyres.

I own a 1997 UK MR2 GT that is lowish milage (60000) Full History, recent service in excellent condition, but it feels slow.  It hits 140mph no problem...

Can an n/a really go that fast?

PS: sorry for the highjack :P

I own a 1997 UK MR2 GT that is lowish milage (60000) Full History, recent service in excellent condition, but it feels slow.  It hits 140mph no problem...

PS: sorry for the highjack :P

On a track of course. Mine and my brother's both hit 140mph on our speedo's. Someone on here has said not to trust the speedo though.

think about though other newer cars are getting quicker, take the astra vxr that could scare a tubby off the line! and the new megane cup i think it is. and if your "racing" someone off the line and they get a better start or a rolling start and he guns it first youv already lost out in the time difference from whenhe went for it and you decide to go for it.

I agree, newer cards are getting faster, must just be getting lighter too, Cars that defo have less HP than me some times give me a good run till im over 60, then I start pulling away, but i find my self hitting overtake boost earlier !!! haha

PS: sorry for the highjack  :P

On a track of course. Mine and my brother's both hit 140mph on our speedo's. Someone on here has said not to trust the speedo though.

Of course on a track :yes:

I was kinda wondering whether or not it'd be worth my while delimiting mine, also for track use. Was thinking I'd only be getting an extra 10mph, 20 might be worth it though...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links