Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ice

Griffyn

Well my last hifi sounded pretty good......but just changed everything!!! Was gona carry on using the same headunit but it broke the day after I ordered all my new amps/speakers. So ordered a new1.....which meant a new cd changer....well 4 £30 more I could get a colour ipod.......hmmm wonder what I did!

Here are some pics altho they look rubbish and dont do it justice.......plus it sounds really awesome!

17-10-05_1409.jpg

17-10-05_1411.jpg

17-10-05_1412.jpg

17-10-05_1413.jpg

17-10-05_1414.jpg

17-10-05_1417.jpg

17-10-05_1418.jpg

17-10-05_1416.jpg

17-10-05_1415.jpg

I also have Type-R 6x9s but 4got to take a pic so u cant see them, there secret :P

It is 90% done atm as I need to replace the blue cable going to the power cap with 4 AWG whereas atm it is 8 AWG. Plus I have another power cap on the way as it will look cool having one either side of the sub.

I also need 2 attach the amp covers down put some neons underneath and replace 1 on the stealth shelf (1 of the 2 died).

I have no engine noise watsoever, even on full volume! I ran the power cables down the left side of the car, the speaker cable down the middle and the 3 RCA cables down the right with the remote.

I still need to set the amps up to the optimum settings but the sub and Speakers are very loud already! The sub is running about 650W RMS and each speaker is running around 100W RMS atm.

Well pleased as you can guess :D :D :D

Wow thats quite funky! I like the clear covering over the amps (or at least i think they are!) Thats good! :thumbsup:

Amazingly sexy install! i usually hate ice installs as always look DIY or totally impractical and only good for shows....However this is amazing!!!

I totally take back the ipod thing aswell because your right, it does look good in that funky stand :P Really nice boot install! Nice lookin sub and H/U! My only dislike is the bling door Speakers! but yeah well done!

very interesting, like the cradle, but whats the the thing that looks like the offspring from a threesome between a transformer, a flux capacitor and the fa cup in the boot?

Will take some better pics when i go home for bday and finish it off. Still some room in boot actually so not all that bad and I really like it which is the main thing!

Minidoughty thats a power capacitor and stops my lights flashing when on loud....my old sub used to do that, and that was only 300W and this one is 1500W altho the amp I am using is more powerful than sub.

Yeah unfort it was the only way I could mount the door Speakers as my last Focal 13.5 cm components hit the door card on loud. The 16.5 Type-R Speakers wouldnt even fit in the door card cos they are so big......even tho according 2 alpine they fit fine in the yaris with the correct spacer......no they dont as the window hits them! So move em forward and they dont fit LOL

But well happy wit it overall :D

That is one good lookin set up man really like the capacitor its minted!

Just one question though did u build all that urself?

Hey that is a realy nice looking install! :)

I would move the ipod tonext to the HU, ive seen someone on here with it a JAE, I would imagine it would be a bit more practical there(easier to see) when driving etc!

CB :thumbsup:

I thought it was connected to a proper ipod compatible system that shows the songs on the HU itself so he doesnt need to see the screen? Is it not a HU that can control the Ipod Remotely IE skip songs and that using the HU buttons?

Bet it sounds good mate! :thumbsup:

But how much weight have you added? :wacko:

I'd only really get a simple install if I was to do my car again, maybe front components and a nice sub and amp in the boot, not too heavy but still loud! :D

The ipod is controlled via the HU so no point of moving it, and looks better there imo.

Weight......erm it is 1.0L m8 and the 16" alloys arent gona help either with the weight issue......not everything in life is about speed, quote from Be Cool "If your important people will wait for you". :P But since I am 19 I cant do much about a fast car so gota wait for a while!

My step dad and I built it all ourselves......didnt have enough time to do it all myself so he helped with the false floor. Altho the amp covers were etched at AutoAcoutics as dont have the necessary tools.

It does sound awesome, which is the main thing! So bassy though!

Sorry if I sounded really negative, wasn't meant to come across like that!

Anyway, aslong as you like the build and it sounds the nuts who cares what others think! :thumbsup:

Just give it a year though mate and you'll want more speed! :yes:

I know i want more speed.....which is why I am saving for a Civic Type-R. But i know that my current car is 1.0L Yaris......and whatever I do to it, it will still be a 1.0L. I have looked into engine, brake, etc conversions but really doesnt make any sense. So just enjoying the yaris till i can get more speed :thumbsup:

Nice install, I've recently re done mine but im still not happy with it.

I know i want more speed.....which is why I am saving for a Civic Type-R. But i know that my current car is 1.0L Yaris......and whatever I do to it, it will still be a 1.0L. I have looked into engine, brake, etc conversions but really doesnt make any sense. So just enjoying the yaris till i can get more speed  :thumbsup:

I'm also going to start saving for a CTR, only got 2 more years to pay on the yaris, I was thinking of adding a turbo to the yaris, but will cost too much, and there will be a lot of messing around. But in about 2 years time the prices of the secondhand CTR's will be down a bit more (hopefully less than £8000)

The sound of the VTEC engine and a 8000rpm limiter will definatly make it worth while, especially with a buddyclub exhaust.

Btw why arent u happy with it?

I know exactly what you are talking about! Altho i reckon in 2yrs time a CTR's will be £8k easily......especially since the new 1 is out in 2007. The prices of the current EP3 mite stabilise a bit atm since there is no new replacement model for a while.....but it is a hell of a car.....especially in nighthawk black.......so cool!!!

Btw u checked out:

http://civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/index.php?...e11c8d5334a1ed5

Is a useful CTR forum.

Btw why arent u happy with it?

I am happy with it, it's a good little car for what it is, but sometimes I find it a little slow, but it will do at the moment untill I get 2-3 years no claims.

The honda has more tuning capabilities than a toyota, plus the only decent car recently made by toyota is the gen 7 celica, which costs about £3000-£5000 more brand new than the civic, and has less power.

There doesn't look like there will be a faster yaris than the 1.5, so I don't see any reason to stick with the yaris and upgrade in 2 years time.

I worked out a few numbers the other day, If I bought a new yaris t-sport for £12,000 and bought and fitted a supercharger at a rough cost of £4000 that's a total of £16,000 which is a little lower than the price of a CTR.

Been a member on there for about a year, check the video section if you haven't already, there are a few cool video's of the CTR, look out for the dartford tunnel video, he's got a buddy club spec 3 exhaust on his car, extremely LOUD.

I am by no way slating toyota or any of their cars, just incase someone thought that.

I meant why aren't you happy with your install  :P

ooops :wacko:

probably because the boot is too small, i'm happy with my sub, but no matter what I do with my amp I don't like.

Firstly I had the sub in a box on the right with MDF flooring and a hole cut out in the flooring with lighting underneath and a clear etched Alpine plastic cover.

Then I noticed my car was sitting lower on the right, and thought it was because of all the weight, and at the time there was a post on the forum with a few other peoples cars that were sitting lower on one side than the other, so I decided to move the sub.

Firstly I was going to put it in the spare wheel well, but that required too much sealing to make it airtight so took it out.

Now the sub is sitting on the left with the amp on the right in a box with the clear alpine plastic over it with green LED's lighting it, but I just don't like the way it is, I thought it would look better than what it does but it looks crap.

It will do for now, can't be bothered messing around with it.