Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats The Best Way To Start ?

exon16m

I was just woundering after having a bit of a debate with other drivers who claim to have easily lost the TS in their hot hatches at the lights, NOT wanting to sound like a boy racer but we all like a bit of fun or we would have a standard model. But what is the best way to pull away from the lights in the Corolla TS.

Thanks

Same as most cars - Select first gear, balance the gas & clutch, release handbrake, ease up on the clutch to move, accelerate through the gears to the desired speed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Or just let the w :censor: s next to you speed off and look like even bigger w :censor: s than they seemed. No need to drag to prove your car. :thumbsup:

cheers for that really helpful ... i take it you got a TS just cos you like the thunder gray colour.

Sarchasm is great aint it. :P

And I drive a white Celica GT. :thumbsup:

I noticed that this car is really sensible to the clutch and gas. I think its hard to get a perfect start. Either you go to slow on the clutch and then you just spin on the clutch some before it gets a grip.... otherwise you release the clutch to soon and not enough on the throttle and the engine will die or you jump off. I got a Corolla G6R before my CTS and it wasn´t this difficult to drive smoothly i think... perhaps it is beacuse of the healthy engine under the bonnet on my CTS? :D

hmm, mabye i got a little off topic....

Foot On Left Pedal ------ 1st Gear ------ Foot On Right Pedal Till In The Red!!! -------------- Foot OFF Left Pedal!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

what about rev it up to 6000rpm and hold it there right at the lift zone thendo a quickish left foot off and let the clutch rip :lol: dont know if is anygood not try meself

I don´t think that you will gain anything by rev. the engine till 6000 rpm´s beacuse it will just be much wheelspin and then the TCS system will take over and you loose power to the wheels.

like i said b4 i have try meself i am still on my running in period :)

i didnt care of the run in period. According to the manual it says its not necessary but i save fuel in future if i run nicely first... but what the f*ck...

At my old work we got to companycars, exactly the same model and everything. One was having a run in period and the other didnt. Guess what car was the quickest and most healthy?? Not the run-in-period-car... it was a obvious difference

At my old work we got to companycars, exactly the same model and everything. One was having a run in period and the other didnt. Guess what car was the quickest and most healthy?? Not the run-in-period-car... it was a obvious difference

i am wondering if i got this right here are you saying by not running in a brand new car will be better then doing the run in

i have to say i disagree :P in a nice way tho :)

Personal opinion.... The car is not going to last as long as the engine or the owner...

Over the years the car would theoretically last you are likely to either crash it or sell it (hopefully the latter) so why bother, I know it's cruel but the problem is not going to be yours in the end so enjoy it while you can....

Why do you think it's so important to check a second car out when you buy it !!!

I know it's cruel but the problem is not going to be yours in the end so enjoy it while you can....

rhaines m8 i wouldn't want to pick up any of your use car that for sure :P

Personal opinion.... The car is not going to last as long as the engine or the owner...

Over the years the car would theoretically last you are likely to either crash it or sell it (hopefully the latter) so why bother, I know it's cruel but the problem is not going to be yours in the end so enjoy it while you can....

Why do you think it's so important to check a second car out when you buy it !!!

You are right! But for that matter i can still be careful to my baby by servicing it regurarly, not rev. the engine over 3500 rpm´s when its not warmed up etc.

My old G6R got NO errors what so ever when i sold it at 150000 km and it looked like brand new.

exactly but that's common sense with any car, run in or not...

I try not to rev the car to hard until she's warm, change the oil every 3k or every couple of track days etc and just try to take the best care of her I can...

SORRY TO BE STUPID BUT I USUALLY TURN THE KEY IN THE IGNITION FIRST

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

I know it's cruel but the problem is not going to be yours in the end so enjoy it while you can....

rhaines m8 i wouldn't want to pick up any of your use car that for sure :P

Cars I've had in the past were either company cars or cheap things that were falling apart as inbetween's....

My MR2's will never be sold, I have the Mk2 as a daily drive, and a Mk1 which will be ready for next years track season they'll be with me till either of us die or they're stolen....

Plus as they're second hand have been run in already :D

SORRY TO BE STUPID BUT I USUALLY TURN THE KEY IN THE IGNITION FIRST

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

I find that helps but also need to release the hanbrake....

I bet he's sorry he asked this question now..................... :rolleyes:

:lol: nope I'm sure as all members of this club mart has a wicked sense of humour and is giggling profusely at how stupid we can be at times :D

Mart, if your not I sincerely apologise and will try and act sensiblyin the future...

:P :D