Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Need Engine!

vangav

Hi, My son has just bought his first car..his pride and joy a 1997 Toyota Paseo. He has had it 2 months and the engine has blown up and he needs a new one. Have you any ideas on where to go to buy a replacement engine, and is the Toyota Paseo engine the only engine that will fit back in.

I would appreciate any help, my son is gutted.

Cheers Vangav

I seam to remember hearing a mate say something about Fensport holding recon engines that are available on a PX basis??? Contact them via this: Fensport Link

I phoned Fensport but they are not open till Monday, but a good site to know about. I also emailed 1st Choice for parts and have received loads of emails all day today (saturday) Prices have ranged from £650 - £340 including VAT and delivery. Have got one from Wyeside Auto spares in Monmouth, not the cheapest but the guy sounded o.k. I was surprised how many engines we were offered as the Paseo is not the most common of cars.

It was great to find this site, is there any event that my 18 year old son and his newly mended motor can attend. He is really into his Toyota and making it look 'different' He is a 'poor' apprentice stonemason who spends all of his wages on a huge insurance premium and petrol.

Thanx again

Vangav

fensport are the best place for an engine swap. go with them,

stock engine for the 2nd gen is the 5e-fe, not sure on a price for them though

prices from fensport

4efte 1.3 turbo swapped will cost 1250+vat

4age 20v 1.6 (ithink) same price

4agze 1.6 supercharged - 2500+vat

and the 3sgte 2L turbo - a massive 5000.

as for meets, the closest one date wise is JAE - billing aquadome, northampton on the 25-27th july. look under club meets & events & youll find info on it. several paseos are gonna be there including one of the best looking 2nd gens ive ever seen with full xracing kit & full leather re-trim, NOS chipped & a few other goodies.

a good paseo link is http://www.paseopimp.com - watch out though its an american site so you kinda have to be careful in the forum but loads of info available & friendly bunch, im a regular poster there & get on well with everyone.

J

If your in the UK you could not have timed it better for an event to take place, JAE (Japanese Auto Exravaganza) is taking place at the end of this month at Billing aerodrome in Northampton, realistcally about 3000 cars will attend the event ovcer the weekend and the club will be attending in force, if you use the search button I am sure you'll find a load of info on it...

It runs from the Sat through Sun although a good number of us will be there on the Friday so if he wants to pop along drop me a PM (button below this post) and we can arrange for him to be on our stand as we'll have a fgood few Paseo's there...

It's defaintely the show of the year and as long as he likes adrink (obviously not the day of driving home), good company and Japanese Cars he'll be in the right place....

It's a superb weekend and one definately to fit in the calendar....

It runs from the Sat through Sun although a good number of us will be there on the Friday so if he wants to pop along drop me a PM (button below this post) and we can arrange for him to be on our stand as we'll have a fgood few Paseo's there...

hehehe, hey ryan, you realise JAE is going to be the biggest paseo meet ever in the UK???

J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links