Do Not Sell My Personal Information

205/50 Instead Of 195/55

lefos

Hello from Greece! :thumbsup:

It is time to put new tyres on my Corolla TS. Is it OK if I put 205/50s instead of the stock 195/55? I have the stock alloys. Do you recommend such an increase in width?

Do you recommend the new Michelin Exaltos?

Thanks!

hey guys

while on the subject, can anyone say anything for or against 205/60/16 size of tyres. I ask cos i have a sat nav in my cts and while i want wider tyres i dont want to affect the sat nav computer

thanx for any pointers

I have just put 4 205/55 on stock rims on TS all seems ok.

The sat nav system has a setting to tell it when you change tyres. Not sure why but I did this on mine.

Someone might be able to tell you and me why you need to do this, The sat nav obviously uses sats to pin point your position so cant understand why you need to reset but Im sure there is a reason. :)

I'm in the market for a set of new tyres.I'm looking to buy the Eagle F1 GDS3's.The cheapest online quote I got was £302.32 for 4 x 205/50/16 delivered.Anyone got them any cheaper elsewhere?Oh,just remembered my Gold Members discount.Hope there are some places that can do them cheaper with the discount :D :P

The sat nav system has a setting to tell it when you change tyres. Not sure why but I did this on mine.

hey - is this automatic? or do you manually put the tyre dimensions in? how do you do it? So i can do it when i change mine

As far as i can say(others may know more), the speed pulse signal comes from the number of wheel revs/ time - so a smaller diameter will increase the revs and distort the computations of things like how long it is left to get there, etc ( i know these arent that important)

But the important thing is you know how to set this on the nav. I have acolor full screen one. thanx for any pointers

I have the TNS3000 TBT sat nav and on mine the option is literally just new tyres set I think. It dosnt allow you to input size ect.

Hope this helps

Why should tyre size matter?

The whole point of SatNav is that it's a GPS based system...How do you think the likes of Road Angel 2's, etc know your speed?

IMO All it's for it for the ECU to know the correct speed, as I doubt Corolla's speedo is cable driven, so most likely derrived from the ABS sensors on one of the wheels, most lileky the back. It would only need to know tyre size then to calculate the rolling radius...

As already said by Montee :)

I'm in the market for a set of new tyres.I'm looking to buy the Eagle F1 GDS3's.The cheapest online quote I got was £302.32 for 4 x 205/50/16 delivered.Anyone got them any cheaper elsewhere?Oh,just remembered my Gold Members discount.Hope there are some places that can do them cheaper with the discount :D  :P

I paid £348 Fitted for mine...No discount or anything though and this place is CHEAP!