Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Dashboard Lights

Andy Gti

Just noticed last night that the illumination for the right had side of the heater controls is not working. i.e. the area where the circular adjuster for direction of air is not lit up..

is this an easy job? could someone let me know how to go about it / what bulb(s) i need to get etc..

Thanks in advance

Andy

Just noticed last night that the illumination for the right had side of the heater controls is not working. i.e. the area where the circular adjuster for direction of air is not lit up..

is this an easy job? could someone let me know how to go about it / what bulb(s) i need to get etc..

Thanks in advance

Andy

I *really* wish I could say I had experience with the Carina E in particular, but sadly I can't. If I could afford to get one over here, a GTi saloon would be the ultimate for me (there are newer cars I'd like more, but the Carina E GTi holds a special place in my heart lol).

Aside from that unabashed drooling... my past experiences with some of our other Toyotas tells me that the bulb is likely a W1.2W, #74, or W2.3W, and wouldn't be too difficult an undertaking. Every Toyota dash I've encountered has had an outer trim panel or two that simply pulls off (held in with simple clips), revealing all the screws you need to remove to get what you need. Toyota may have their serviceability shortcomings under the hood, but I can definitely say that they have some of the most logically assembled interiors around. :thumbsup: I would highly suggest getting the Haynes manual for your car (I'm told Halford's carries them, as that's where my friend got the one for his Corolla), as it will have valuable insight about the specifics of the Carina E.

Thanks in advance

Andy

I *really* wish I could say I had experience with the Carina E in particular, but sadly I can't. If I could afford to get one over here, a GTi saloon would be the ultimate for me (there are newer cars I'd like more, but the Carina E GTi holds a special place in my heart lol).

Aside from that unabashed drooling... my past experiences with some of our other Toyotas tells me that the bulb is likely a W1.2W, #74, or W2.3W, and wouldn't be too difficult an undertaking. Every Toyota dash I've encountered has had an outer trim panel or two that simply pulls off (held in with simple clips), revealing all the screws you need to remove to get what you need. Toyota may have their serviceability shortcomings under the hood, but I can definitely say that they have some of the most logically assembled interiors around. :thumbsup: I would highly suggest getting the Haynes manual for your car (I'm told Halford's carries them, as that's where my friend got the one for his Corolla), as it will have valuable insight about the specifics of the Carina E.

Thanks Red :)

I did exactly that, got the haines manual from Halfords and it is simple, first remove the fascia panel around the stereo (remove the stereo first) by popping it off, this reveals 2 phillips screws holding the fascia below, remove these and 2 others at the bottom of this fascia and it should come off. I haven't done it yet as I have a non Toyota stereo fitted and need the gizmo to unlock it from the frame..

funny enough after all that though, before I had the book I found the 2 bottom screws - undid them and wobbled the fascia around and now the lights work again! :D happy days! I have seen on eBay somewhere you can get extra bright fascia lights that really glow so I may put those in if the bulb goes again..

btw I have an early 5 door gti with the older engine, i do like it :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links