Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hard Tops On For Winter

Penelope Pitstop

If only Toyota had made a decent mid engined car with good sized boot. Oh, they did - it's the Mr2 MkII. One day you lads will see the error of your ways and upgrade. :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Penelope Pitstop

• GIDDLEPIN

• cfc1

• Bibbs

If only Toyota had made a decent mid engined car with good sized boot.  Oh, they did - it's the Mr2 MkII.  One day you lads will see the error of your ways and upgrade.  :D

You're not wrong there ;)

But the MKII needs all that space to carry spare fuel, spanners and mops for clearing the water out from the pretend open top panels that leak :thumbsup::lol:

....hi giddlepin........i have not yet activated my msn...i am on broadband though.........i am waiting to know a bit more of that day ...................like i said groovy pic :thumbsup::thumbsup:

....hi giddlepin........i have not yet activated my msn...i am on broadband though.........i am waiting to know a bit more of that day ...................like i said groovy pic :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

There you go P.P. here's a linkk to this years meet :thumbsup:TRACK ATTACK

P.S. dosnt Les look like Leo Sayer in that pic?????from P.P.

ERm.. Thats Anne in the car... :rolleyes: The 'better' half... :P

He he.........ta for that Fizz. I think Les needs reminding that its my car toooooo!!!! :yes:

Yup, eunos roadster so mx-5...

Not planning on changing to new one as no money for that, although hopefully within 3 weeks (if I can find a ruddy tubro manifold) she should be turbo'd, hoping for around 200bhp which will be a giggle...

Better photo...

6e8.jpg

forgot to say....

went out this morning, left manchester with roof off heading up to huddersfield, heavens opened on the M62, got some very funny looks as all had fogs etc on and theres me pootling along with roof down...

Luckily rain stopped at huddersfield so drove through it all without getting the slightest wet.... Who needs a hard top !!

If only Toyota had made a decent mid engined car with good sized boot.  Oh, they did - it's the Mr2 MkII.  One day you lads will see the error of your ways and upgrade.  :D

You're not wrong there ;)

But the MKII needs all that space to carry spare fuel, spanners and mops for clearing the water out from the pretend open top panels that leak :thumbsup::lol:

Why now have both .. B)

:thumbsup::eek: wow that was Brill.........are you having racing tuition in yer mr2? what was your top speed? I dont know how i would get on doing that ,,,very often get other sports cars trying to race me and i dont think i am confident driving at speed through narrow winding lanes,,,,so i let em past....lol but that looks the business very entertaining as well like the choice of tunes as well that goes with vid.....thanks les for linking that clip :thumbsup::thumbsup: P.P.

P.P. Try a track day... It's a great way of building up confidence and finding out what your car can really do in a safe environment....

PLus you have the advantage that if you spin, you spin, you just start again with the knowledge that nothings going to happen...

It's amazing what you can learn on a well organised track day...

Unless your at knockhill.. if you spin you've had it.. to narrow for my liking.

your not a hardcore mr2 owner if it dont leak

mk3s you cant leak as it might mess up that new hair do

:lol:

i tried so hard not to bite!

Unless your at knockhill.. if you spin  you've had it.. to narrow for my liking.

Or try the 'Nur as your first trackday .. :yes:

Unless your at knockhill.. if you spin  you've had it.. to narrow for my liking.

Or try the 'Nur as your first trackday .. :yes:

can you remeber the look on that blokes face with the lotus!

'first time at the ring?....'

'yep, first track day to be honest!'

'first track day and you came to Nurburg!............ are you mad!'

:thumbsup:  :eek: wow that was Brill.........are you having racing tuition in yer mr2?  what was your top speed?    I dont know how i would get on doing that ,,,very often get other sports cars trying to race me and i dont think i am confident driving at speed through narrow winding lanes,,,,so i let em past....lol but that looks the business very entertaining as well like the choice of tunes as well that goes with vid.....thanks les for linking that clip :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  P.P.

The only tuition I have is the old farts school of motoring certificate, I had never been on a track day before so if I can do it I’m sure there are plenty of others that can, including you. :yes:

Like Ryan said it’s a great way of building confidence and finding the limits of the car as well as yourself and the best thing about Bruntingthorpe is that the run off areas are so huge you would have to have had a major brain dysfunction to do any harm to yourself or the car. ;)

As far as top speed goes I recon I might have hit about 110-115 (it will do 136) but if you notice as I hit the straight a red tubby went passed as if I had stopped but the advantage was mine on the corners. :P :lol:

On the whole I would thoroughly recommend track days to everybody, we don’t go out there to race we go out to learn :thumbsup:

can you remeber the look on that blokes face with the lotus!

'first time at the ring?....'

'yep, first track day to be honest!'

'first track day and you came to Nurburg!............ are you mad!'

And the TVR driver, who after strapping himself into the harnesses, seeing all the dials and guages wondered how this was my daily drive :D

Then scaring him when I said :

'I don't know what was coming up.'

'yeah, not sure if it's wet track or dry.'

'no, if it's left or right.'

:thumbsup: Helloooo!!!! well ,i was going to have my hard top put back on for winter today,,,my mate came round and put my own plates on with my name on it,,so i fancied a complete new look with hardtop back on,,i do like the look of my car when its all fully matching with all the red,,thing was we had some rain this morning so i have to wait for the soft top to dry out :( :angry: before hardtop goes back on :bye::angry::angry:

I never seem to like the look of hardtops on convertables .. they always seem like an afterthought and ruin the lines of the car ..

:( I disagree,,,,,,i do like the look of the hardtop,,,,,,,i like the continuity of the same colour running throughout,,and i think it looks real snazzy ,,anyway when i put it back on i will post some pix and you can see how cool it looks...I think it looks naff with its soft top on ,,still :thumbsup: love the car though.......spose its all down to personal choice :thumbsup:

:( I disagree,,,,,,i do like the look of the hardtop,,,,,,,i like the continuity of the same colour running throughout,,and i think it looks real snazzy ,,anyway when i put it back on i will post some pix and you can see how cool it looks...I think it looks naff with its soft top on ,,still  :thumbsup: love the car though.......spose its all down to personal choice :thumbsup:

I'm not saying the soft tops are any better ;)

It's all about the roof down .. :yes:

But hell, I've not got a mk3 ..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chaps ,,, I have finally decided i would prefer now that my hard top is put back on for winter,,,,,however do i need to treat my soft top with anything(even though only 4 mths old)before i fold it away for winter Might sound a thicko question,,,, and i apologise for it.........all advise very welcome....thanx P.P.P.P

What stuff do you use Les????I have read somewhere in here that some leave "streaks" on the softtop.......what do you recommend so i dont get blinded with science when i take a trip to Halfords?????Thanx P.P.

The stuff I use looks like diluted milk and is actually called "Vynyl Dressing" I really lay it on then wipe it off with a dry cloth, then go over the interior trim with the same cloth. :thumbsup: