Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Lead !

TSportGuy

Hi,

I want to get the Amp power lead from engine bay through to the cabin in my 2002 Celica. Anybody know how......................before i get the drill out............ :eek:

Cheers

Kev

I would imagine there must be a gromit already in place where you could fit a power cable, what year/model Celica is it so that one of the Celica owners would be able to help when they login ?

I wouldn't drill a hole until someone can confirm where the gromit is/isn't and if you do need to drill a hole be sure to buy a rubber grommit that fits the cable and hole.

Guest Calum

Theres always a way through, and the best wak of finding it, is to follow wires from your engine, usually your Battery around your engine bay till they dissapear into the centre of your car. Then just thread the power cable through.

Just an idea, but i always found it so so helpfull to put a switch somewhere handy on the power cable to make your sound system easier to work with. But hey, some people enjoy electrocution. :wacko:

gromits on new toyotas are ma-hoo-sive, you dont have to drill anything. i got 2 seperate 4 gauges through with room for a afgan family to move in. follow your wires from your fuse box in your engine bay (stuck to the Battery + most likely) should take you to a nice big rubber gromit

Thanks guy,s,

I found the grommit ( as i already had ) Just a case of removing the existing tape from the cables, then threading my lead through and re-taping i guess............ <_<

By the way it,s a 2002 Celica T Sport.............. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
:unsure: are you saying that you ran the power wire beside the factory wires through the gromet? if so i cant say i would advise aginst that one. you may run the chance of noise in the system and also stabing factory wires in the process of feeding the power wire through. on allmost EVERY case i would say drill a hole and use a gromet on that, NOT messing with factory gromets if there are harnesses running through them.

Oops..........

Differences of opinion. Luckily i havn't done it yet.

Might just hang on for any more votes on the best way to tackle it. Well you do have to look after your baby....................... :yes:

Cheers

Kev

Don't drill a new hole! There is no need to drill a new hole. Just feed you power cable through an existing grommit !

As long as you keep your signal cables (RCA's) away from the power cables you will not get noise in the system.

As for

stabing factory wires in the process of feeding the power wire through.

I am sure you could do more damage with a drill than by feeding the wire. If you feed it through gentily and don't force it you shoudn't have a problem.

That'll do for me matey.........cheers........ :thumbsup:

My intention is to run the power cable down the centre of the car, to the boot, so leaving the sides for the signal cables.

Through the huge grommit it is then............

Cheers

Kev