Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Stopped Working.

Carrera_C

The remote central locking has stopped working on my car,

I've changed the batteries in the Keyfobs, which done nothing.

Does anyone know of anything else that's easily checkable???

I don't think it's a problem with the keyfobs, I don't see both of them failing at the exact same time.

I don't know what the setup it with the car itself, but I'm sure it must be something to do with the receiver. Just don't know what...

i had this exact same problem with my Gen 7 celica.

I can never open my car once locked whilst at my mothers house. At first i thought it was the fob etc etc but once i managed to get it running without the alarm going off ( a combo of Battery disconn, doors open key in ignition etc) i drove out to where i was in a rush to go. However, expecting another episode of the alarm etc, i left the doo slightly early only to find everything worked perfectly!

Anyway, drove back to my mother, next morning same problems??!?!!??

so i move the car 4-5 metres away from her house/cars (BMW and merc) and it all worked perfectly. Seems to be something to do with my mothers car alarm or house alarm so i now park down the road:)

Anyway, try moving the car away from whatever it is near.... you never know it might work, it did for me!!

Got up this morning, car door unlocked fine - drove off, noticed I drove over some glass so I checked the tyres and walked back to the house to get something I forgot, tried to lock the car and the remote had stopped working, so I locked it with the key. Whilst at the house I grabbed the spare keys and walked back. Neither remote would operate the car. Drove to work and still neither remote would work. Tried holding both buttons - nothing.

Ended up finding out you have to put the key in to the ignition and turn to on, then hold both buttons for 2 seconds. No idea why they stopped working though???

(then I got out of the car and found I had a big screw in the tyre :ffs: see general..!)

lol yeah a get the same problem ! i work at glasgow airport , when at work the remote is as good as useless ! it rarely works yet at home it works from miles away ! wtf's that all about ? ;)

i remember being told about this problem by someone with a scooby. called the AA cos his alarm stopped working and the guy told him it was a mobile phone transmitter !!! pushed it down the road worked perfectly.

dont quote me on this could be an urban myth but ive known the guy for years no reason to disbelieve him :wacko: