Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drinking Oil

glanzajim

i have a slight problem with my seo it seems to like a tipple on oil, its not the head gasket as no signs of oil in the water or visa versa. ive looked all over the block and cant see any signs of leaks, anyone got any ideas?

Jim

As far as I know it´s a typical problem of the 5E...

My engine broke down at about 100k kilometers and most of the Paseo owners I know have problems with drinking oil...

Most of the Paseos in Germany and austria have started drinking oil between 40k and 80k kilometers...

Don´t know why, but after repairing no one had problems anymore, for even more than 200k kilometers...

How much oil we talking about?

I have to fill mine up every 4-6 months, but always put that down to my heavy foot.

mine was fine on oil, flushed the engine and put in fully synth and now it doesn't seem to burn any at all!

well in 50 miles its dropped about 2-3mm on the dipstick im thinking of a oil flush and filter change see it that helps

jim

i have had a good look over the engine cant see it leakin anywhere but i need to get underneath it properly

Jim

I need to check the oil in my seo.

What oil type are you supposed to use for the seo?

There is some, 'high milage' Castrol GTX down stairs but i'm not sure if thats right?!?

i put some 15w40 magnatec in mine to top it up as thats what i was told it had at its last service not sure if this was right to use though but should be fine

15w40 is the same as what I have down stairs.

I just have to find some flat ground to measure my oil levels on. DAMN valley living. :@

you're gonna be using my notes on how to change oil then eh wild ;)

well i used 5w40 fully synth when i changed oil and its been running a lot better, and a lot more economical than usual. plus id recommend you flush the engine out too

Dude, that guide is far too complicated for my inbred brain to understand.

Plus I don't have ramps. :P

Im just gonna whack some more oil in it and hope for the best. :P

I need to check the oil in my seo.

What oil type are you supposed to use for the seo?

There is some, 'high milage' castrol GTX down stairs but i'm not sure if thats right?!?

I use GTX Magnatec in mine but it really is just a personal preference thing why I use that, any good semi synthetic 15/40 will do the job :thumbsup: . Be wary of putting a fully synthetic oil of a low viscosity in on an engine with higher miles as it can do more damage than good ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links