Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.0 ...can I Make It Go

lill_wolf

:crybaby: what can be done with the 1L yaris

(plz dont laff i have very clue )

i can get the 1.5 and inshur~ it at the same time ,,.costz :ffs: coz i am still young

so i would to work on it and learn at the same time ...

:( can some one tell me if any thing is worth trying on it or is it a lost cause?

The strong point of 1.0L engine is the short gearbox!! and of course the fuel economy.

Do not waste your money, because as you say you are young,you can buy a Corolla later.

Realise what car you have... The best 1.0L engine.

Make few mods, air filter, shock-coil, exhaust e.t.c.

i agree, the 1.0l is a cracking engine and suprises a lot of people. Try a Knn elemeent to replance the air filter. that will give u a bit of extra grunt and u wont sound like an idiot like when u have a big unduction kit taht s bigger than the engine lol.

There are a few people who are develpong exhaust forthe yaris but my advice is dont spend ur money on this 1.0L cos perfomance gains will be small

Yeah, save your money, drive carefully, and get a few years no claims under your belt... We all have to start somewhere.

There's not a great deal you can do with the 1L yaris, it simply doesn't devlop anough plower for you to play with. Sure after market air filters, may give you a little more...but don't expect miracles.

From first hand experience there is next to nothing that you can do <_<

however as people have mentioned it is the quickest 1.0 on the market, and only yesterday I embarrased a corsa 1.2 (doubt it was a 1.4) in front of his girlfriend :yes: which was very satisfying :lol:

if you really want to spend money on it then get a set of decent wheels (195x50r15 works nice on the 1.0! hehe) and u can lower it too if you really want, spend the rest of ur cash on a decent sound system and you'll have a very sweet cruiser :D

I can't knock the 1.0 yaris at all, been a great car for me.. just don't crash and you'll be able to get somethin faster B)

My 1.0 Yaris has excellent performance for the size of engine. If insurance cost is an issue I would seriously consider the diesel model you get 10mph top end 3 secs less to 60mph

and 10mpg better consumption.

Hopefully one of the chip tuning companies may soon bring out an upgrade to improve it still further.

the diesel yaris is pretty fast. for what it is. but then again. so is the 1.0 ive driven every yaris there is and it aint too bad. best thingyou could hope for if your worried about insurance is a new air filter and an exaust. it wont make it go faster to pend or anything. it will just let it rev alot more freely, and the power curve will be alot smoother.

if you really want to take the *****, HKS make a turbo expecially for the 1.0, bout 2500 though.. and double insurance. but i agree with yaris_f, it is the best 1.0 you'll get. just enjoy it mate. ive got a 1.4 SR and ive not touched the engine. its not worth spending the money on. im gunna get a glanza later on in the year for speedy driving. my yaris is my low rider. hahaha.

• 1 year later...

as the man said dont waste your money better still dont touch the engine go for things like alloys, ice, neons, you know that sort of thing even get a universal DTM back box but thats your limit but when your old enough get your self a carina 11 they are **** powerful i got the 1.6 16v twin cam and i spank boy racers all over the place.

• 2 weeks later...

My first post, please be gentle.

Why don't you buy 10 cans of whipped cream. Keep them upright and branch the nozzles via a pipe into your airbox. Arrange a switch mechanism to depress, then voila. instant nitrous boost.

Alternatively, throw out your back seats, spare wheel, girlfriend, and sound system, and see what happens!!

tom :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links