Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding Acetone To Fuel

Nosh

I did quite a bit of testing with Acetone in both unleaded & Super Unleaded, plus with none added. The results were that Acetone increased performance slightly and improved ecconomy in both unleaded & Super unleaded (shell). However the gain in Super unleaded was nothing to brag about.

From the tests, I found its just as cost effective & performance wise to use a good Super fuel, instead of adding Acetone.

• 4 months later...

I find it kinda funny that when this thread started, there was a lot of talk about the fuel savings. I then didn't hear many reports back on the long term effects and savings. This coincided with some posters coming to the rescue of big oil with their "unpredictable effect" posts and such. Could their true purpose be to stop us saving at the pump? We can't have the uneducated masses saving money now can we? :rolleyes:

Look, the rubber components in a fuel system are probably made from EPDM. That stuff is tough and can withstand a lot of abuse. A tiny amount of acetone in a lot of fuel is not going to harm anything. I'm going to try it and see if i get any improvement. For the record, i get 800 miles out of between 43 and 42 litres. I know, even if i doubled my mileage, i'd only save maybe 6 litres per week! But every little helps!

• 3 weeks later...

What a load of rubbish and misinformation this thread is. I recommend people stop reading this mass placebo and admin should lock it.

• 7 months later...

I have been using pure cellulose thinners in My Skyline GTR for a number of years now. Not had any issues. the mix is typically 96% Toluene, 4% Xylene. I add about 20% to a tank of V power should typically raise octane to about 104. Not tried it on a NA engine but should improve drivability but to get most gains you would need to map on that mix.

• 5 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links