Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis

al capone

I`M LOOKIN FOR A AVENSIS BUT DONT KNOW WHAT TO GET....I FANCY AN AUTO AND I KNOW THEY USE A BIT MORE FUEL BUT WUD I BE BETTER WITH A 1.8 OR A 2LTR..

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW MANY MILES THEY GET TO A TENNER OF FUEL OR TO A FULL TANK IN THE 1.8/2 LITRE AUTO OR MANUAL.

BUT IF THE AUTO USED TO MUCH FUEL THEN I`L GET A MANUAL SO ANY ADVICE WILL BE TAKEN

THANKS

AL.

I have a Manual 1.8 VVT-I & get 38mpg on average. This does increase under motorway driving to 42-44mpg.

I Get 180( ish )miles from £20 worth of fuel.

I believe the auto will be 3-5 mpg lower.

I have a Manual 1.8 VVT-I & get 38mpg on average.  This does increase under motorway driving to 42-44mpg.

I Get 180( ish )miles from £20 worth of fuel.

I believe the auto will be 3-5 mpg lower.

COOL...IT LOKS LIKE AN AUTO FOR ME THEN..

Sure he will chip in, but I think James used to get around 34mpg out of a 2.0 auto. Again, the 1.8 just manages with the car, but with an auto on it I think it may struggle a little more. In this case you may not benefit from going with the smaller engine size, because you will probably end up working it harder and use more fuel because of this.

Either are a good engine though, and shouldn't give you many probs.

I on average get 34MPG and about 95miles to a tenner (bearing in mind i live 1/2 way up a mountain in N.Wales....V.Hilly)

On a full tank it normally returns about 480miles and more when i've been upto the lake district.

forgot to mention i have a 1.8VVT-i. :D

Sure he will chip in, but I think James used to get around 34mpg out of a 2.0 auto.  Again, the 1.8 just manages with the car, but with an auto on it I think it may struggle a little more.  In this case you may not benefit from going with the smaller engine size, because you will probably end up working it harder and use more fuel because of this.

Either are a good engine though, and shouldn't give you many probs.

Yep thats right, dont bother with a VVTi auto, i've driven them and they dont suit the auto, get a nice 2.0 pre-vvti auto and you'll never go back to a manual.

On the same route and type of driving as I got 34 in the Avensis i'm currently getting around 30.5 from my new 3.0 Camry which I think is rather good, although on a good 180 mile run the other day I got 35! Who said big cars are thirsty :)

Bloomin eck! If my 3.0 Lexus GS300 would have done 30 I'd have kept it!

The best I got out of it is 26 mpg :eek:

I normally do A road style driving too, so I normally achieve the manufacturers combined figure as my average. I'm only getting 30 out of the Rav4 though, and hoped for a little more than that on runs, but can't do it.

Bloomin eck!  If my 3.0 Lexus GS300 would have done 30 I'd have kept it!

The best I got out of it is 26 mpg  :eek:

I normally do A road style driving too, so I normally achieve the manufacturers combined figure as my average.  I'm only getting 30 out of the Rav4 though, and hoped for a little more than that on runs, but can't do it.

Stu,

Your RAV can't be doing much better than the Lexus can it? My wife's ( before I sold it ) was only doing around 25 mpg. It was around town drivimg though......

I'm managing 28 to 30ish normally. But yeah, it's not fantastic. I won't keep it that long though. I'm definately gonna have another Avensis when I can.

Buying a house at the mo, so car buying has gone out the window!

My 2003 Avensis T4 Manual returns between 39 to 41 MPG. on low grade fuel. I have used super unleaded and it gave 48 MPG. My sons 2003 1.8 Avensis Manual returns about 55 MPG on super unleaded. I think the Avensis is a very economical car.

I’ve just completed about 2000 miles on all types of road, (from motorway to Western Isles ) my 2.0 manual VVTi display gives 32mpg at present. M way driving gave about 38 - 39.

I have the 2.0L T spirit Auto and yesterday I filled up 2 miles from the motorway with super u/l and drove from Birmingham to Blackpool all up the motorway between 70-80 and the trip computer said 40.1mpg!!

averaged out over 2 1/2 years usage at 30000miles per year 35.8mpg.

On board trip computer is notoriously inaccurate, mine regularly reports 50-55mpg on long trips (diesel) but a careful check using fuel dockets and a spreadsheet shows about 43mpg to be the norm.

With my 2.4 D4 vvt-i i'm doing about 10,6L/100 km, this includes city driving and about 160 km/h on the highways.

On short city driving it makes about 12L/100 km, but of course with faster driving this could go up to 14L/100 km.

With the power this engine gives i say it's worth it. Not a matter for the engine, if it has to accelerate from 100 or from 160, i feel safe with knowing that i have plenty of power. Too bad this engine is not on sale in every country... :crybaby:

100_0681.jpg

I have a Avensis Xreg 2.0 estate auto.

before i was doing 30Mpg but now it is more like 22Mpg.

Should I take the car to the garage ?

Yes I would, there must be something wrong there, my Camry is doing 29MPG without particularly trying to be economical.

Yes I would, there must be something wrong there, my Camry is doing 29MPG without particularly trying to be economical.

Ive got a 98 1.8 gls and I am getting around 20mpg! this is driving around town on regular short journeys! i'm sure i should be getting more than that? any ideas would be realli helpful? the cars has done 68k.

LO :blink:

I have got a 1.8 vvti t3x.

Managed to get from Glasgow down to Reading on one tank...about 425miles and probably had another 30 or 40 miles left in the tank... :eek:

I am v pleased as with my ford Cougar I managed to get about 260 miles out of a tank.... :crybaby:

Do you know what else is nice? It hasn't got a Ford Badge on it either!! :lol:

:!Removed!:

:yes: I have an Avensis D4D T Spirit diesel and have driven just over 27000 miles to date.

I am now getting over 52 MPG, used to average 48MPG, so MPG should get better once the enginge has run in. Have hasd several diesels and allways found that the MPG increases once the engine has done over 20000 miles. So I would reccoment a diesel.

for those of you that have noticed a drop in MPG, it might be worth investing in a fuel injector cleaner, such as redex or wynns (i dunno the name, lol) needless to say i've bought the £5.00 odd one and used it as per instructions on successive fuel re-fills and i've noticed a marked improvment on the amout of fuel i use, along with a smoother idle and what seems to be better running, i now use it every few months or so, along with the super U/L.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links