Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 5 Gt

kevin5952

Put some new plugs in today and while removing the old ones found that there was a bit of oil in and around the plug holes.Not alot in 2 of them but a fair bit in 2..had to get a rag to soak up the oil..any ideas? :help:

Perished cam cover gasket? It's not serious, and not a difficult job to replace them.

yup, thats what it was when it happened to me, get it changed, jobs a goodun'!! :D

Perished cam cover gasket? It's not serious, and not a difficult job to replace them.

yup, thats what it was when it happened to me, get it changed, jobs a goodun'!! :D

Is it expensive?

Hiya, just to add that I had this when I recently had to replace the head.

The oil seals had perished around the plugs that was all and it cost me about £20 to get fixed.

Its not a bad idea to change over the screws from the crappy original phillips head screws either, because its difficult to get decent torque on them and they easily come loose. If you want shiny ones, eBay user "kelsport" sells a kit of cap heads for about a tenner

HTH

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links